Is this what Stihl's have come to?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thall,
you have built up an ARMY of Stihl warrior drones!!!!

Hope they don't all ruin bar studs!!!!! Or bend poor helpless rods!!!

I've created a monster,LOL

Awww Fish its getting cold out now and you know what that means for the site, happens every year around this time. The debates get how shall I say real lively. Its all good man, everyone will get sassy for abit and then its all forgotten untill something else comes up that tickles the fancy. This thread is a prime example. I don't think the OP is a bad guy at all, I doubt he had any intention of seeing his thread go and go like this. Hopefully he will watch my little vid and see that switch isn't hard to put in at all, it was just something he wasn't up to snuff on, tant no biggie,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Wow, this is like cage fighting, with 20 contenders, good thing I've been to the bar, or I would join in. The thing I hate about stihl is how my 044 leaks oil and gas.
aIEc0l.jpg

honestly, something ive noticed in my time on AS

there are endless amounts of threads thats always start the same way: "im not trying to bash stihl.. but.."

..and they go on and on and on for 33 pages, off topic in 16 different directions, everyone fights, then kisses and makes up, agrees that everyone has their own opinion, and then the next one starts up 2 days later..

the thing i am wondering about it all.. where are all the similar threads about huskys? you dont see people starting threads lashing out against huskies with a signature will of stihls .. what is the deal, honestly? why so much animosity towards Stihl? is it their fault that people choose them more than any other brand? would it be the other way around if husky were the top seller? probably., i bet alot of the same guys would be running stihls #####ing about huskies being over rated and junk based on the fact they sold more units. and it would be just as dumb, you can tell some guys get really wrapped up in it, its hilarious

The MS 250 sucks!

The wife and I have been beating the crap out of ours for 6 years now trying to kill it cuz we hate it so much.

Must have cut 30 truck loads of of pecker poles and several dozen cords of wood with it, and dragged it all over creation banging away on the quad or slamming around in the back of the truck.

It only makes about the same power as a MS260 pro saw to boot and only when the air filter gets cleaned.

Piece of Crap!

Stihl sucks!
Foisting that junk on people..

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Dinger -

I'd have to agree with you. My dad cuts about 10-12 cords per year and bought a 025 back in 1992 I think. In 2007 he bought a new MS250 because he thought his 025 was probably getting tired so it would be best to have a backup. He never used the MS250 much, but it did encounter a catastrophic failure about 18 months after the purchase date. He has used stihls his whole life and was about to go to the dark side, but he called stihl and explained his situation and how much he used the saw. Stihl ended up rebuilding the saw for him free of charge as long as he paid freight. He was happier than heck with this deal, but the sad thing is he still uses the 025 and hasn't wore it out yet.
Take care and long live 025/ms250's ;)

Dinger -

I'd have to agree with you. My dad cuts about 10-12 cords per year and bought a 025 back in 1992 I think. In 2007 he bought a new MS250 because he thought his 025 was probably getting tired so it would be best to have a backup. He never used the MS250 much, but it did encounter a catastrophic failure about 18 months after the purchase date. He has used stihls his whole life and was about to go to the dark side, but he called stihl and explained his situation and how much he used the saw. Stihl ended up rebuilding the saw for him free of charge as long as he paid freight. He was happier than heck with this deal, but the sad thing is he still uses the 025 and hasn't wore it out yet.
Take care and long live 025/ms250's ;)

Yeah, they get no love, and ya gotta beat the crap out of 'em to learn to respect them.
I hated ours at first. Prissy little thing demanded it's own routine for starting and made me adapt.

Ours is damn near amphibious. Gets worked as a cane pruning saw that gets set in mud, muck and standing water and snow. Hell, I have used the garden hose to clean it a time or two. LOL!!!

I keep hoping that it will croak so we can get a snazzy little MS200 or maybe a new Husky top handle on the Farm budget, but it keeps blowing 150psi and ain't dropping.

Piece of crap!!!!;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

honestly, something ive noticed in my time on AS

there are endless amounts of threads thats always start the same way: "im not trying to bash stihl.. but.."

..and they go on and on and on for 33 pages, off topic in 16 different directions, everyone fights, then kisses and makes up, agrees that everyone has their own opinion, and then the next one starts up 2 days later..

the thing i am wondering about it all.. where are all the similar threads about huskys? you dont see people starting threads lashing out against huskies with a signature will of stihls .. what is the deal, honestly? why so much animosity towards Stihl? is it their fault that people choose them more than any other brand? would it be the other way around if husky were the top seller? probably., i bet alot of the same guys would be running stihls #####ing about huskies being over rated and junk based on the fact they sold more units. and it would be just as dumb, you can tell some guys get really wrapped up in it, its hilarious

:agree2: i wanna party with you man

Yeah, they get no love, and ya gotta beat the crap out of 'em to learn to respect them.
I hated ours at first. Prissy little thing demanded it's own routine for starting and made me adapt.

Ours is damn near amphibious. Gets worked as a cane pruning saw that gets set in mud, muck and standing water and snow. Hell, I have used the garden hose to clean it a time or two. LOL!!!

I keep hoping that it will croak so we can get a snazzy little MS200 or maybe a new Husky top handle on the Farm budget, but it keeps blowing 150psi and ain't dropping.

Piece of crap!!!!;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ya I know exactly what you mean...I gave two buddies of mine MS250's that I built and they just love them. I'm sure glad I never gave them the web addy to AS or else they would have thought I was a POS to give them such a POS. Ohh well I'll let them admire their POS.

Wow, this thread is still running? I was hoping it would go into the crapper.

There were a few pieces of corn to pick out of the cow poop. Sure, some like this particular saw, I'm sure once you get familiar with one it's probably a pretty reliable little unit.

We've danced all around the basic issue here. It appears two things need to happen when operating and maintaining this unit.

1. The throttle MUST be depressed to engage the choke, if not, you may find the spring on the wrong side of the switch.

2. The choke MUST be engaged to effectively remove and replace the cover.

Both of these procedures are described in the owners manual.

I don't think either myself or the owner of this saw will need to attach the owners manual to the saw or wear it around our necks on a chain at this point. We've been well educated by the potential problems that can/will occur if/when you don't follow the correct procedure(s) required, etc.

I will say in closing that there were a few good responses in this thread. No one involved here including myself meant any harm right to start with. Rest assured Stihl loyalists, I'll certainly avoid any threads on such things in the furture, as it's just not "politically correct" to point out any potential shortcomings or issues with their products.

I'm certain at this point that IF I had started a similiar thread about an Echo saw, it would have never made it to a page and a half, and I wouldn't have to see my therapist next week to help with my anxiety and current feeling of inadequacy because I was stupid enough to put a post on AS concerning a potential problem/condition with a piece of power equipment that we experienced, resolved, etc......Cliff

Wow, this thread is still running? I was hoping it would go into the crapper.

There were a few pieces of corn to pick out of the cow poop. Sure, some like this particular saw, I'm sure once you get familiar with one it's probably a pretty reliable little unit.

We've danced all around the basic issue here. It appears two things need to happen when operating and maintaining this unit.

1. The throttle MUST be depressed to engage the choke, if not, you may find the spring on the wrong side of the switch.

2. The choke MUST be engaged to effectively remove and replace the cover.

Both of these procedures are described in the owners manual.

I don't think either myself or the owner of this saw will need to attach the owners manual to the saw or wear it around our necks on a chain at this point. We've been well educated by the potential problems that can/will occur if/when you don't follow the correct procedure(s) required, etc.

I will say in closing that there were a few good responses in this thread. No one involved here including myself meant any harm right to start with. Rest assured Stihl loyalists, I'll certainly avoid any threads on such things in the furture, as it's just not "politically correct" to point out any potential shortcomings or issues with their products.

I'm certain at this point that IF I had started a similiar thread about an Echo saw, it would have never made it to a page and a half, and I wouldn't have to see my therapist next week to help with my anxiety and current feeling of inadequacy because I was stupid enough to put a post on AS concerning a potential problem/condition with a piece of power equipment that we experienced, resolved, etc......Cliff

Cliff you seem like a right good guy but you need to let it go man. No need to explain anything. If anything you feel victim of tossing a bone to the guys that don't like Stihl and they ran with it. Then guys like me who know better have to come and take it away which to tell you the truth I kinda enjoy. Chill man, tant no biggie, :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, and it really isn't no "biggie" to me. I stirred up the pack some, hardly any way around it now that I've seen how this thread has gone. Got to run, woln't be back on this topic. I've got to get busy this morning finishing up my 3rd book for submission on Monday. I need to get it done so I can get some firewood cut up. That's my way to get some good exercise and get away from all the complicated stuff life throws at us every day. I take my dogs, 4 or 5 saws, my trailer, and a good splitting maul, and head to the woods. No better "therapy" out there that I know of?......Cliff
attachment.php

Thats the spirit. Nice looking bunch of dogs ya got there, I like the black one, those others, pfffffffffffffffft, messing with ya, go gittttter done,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Cliff you seem like a right good guy but you need to let it go man. No need to explain anything. If anything you feel victim of tossing a bone to the guys that don't like Stihl and they ran with it. Then guys like me who know better have to come and take it away which to tell you the truth I kinda enjoy. Chill man, tant no biggie, :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

So al Stihl saws have the same qualiy that they had 15 or 20 years ago? Steve

So al Stihl saws have the same qualiy that they had 15 or 20 years ago? Steve

They been using that same switch for the last 20 years, matter of fact the last 30 years, the 028 had that same type of switch. The saws they built many many years ago were heavy duty, all metal construction, they didn't produce what is now considered home owner saws. They got into the home market when the logging market started declining just like every other maker. Same quailty, I'd say yes, built as heavy duty with all metal construction like 40 years ago, no. No need for that type of saw anymore.

Thanks, and it really isn't no "biggie" to me. I stirred up the pack some, hardly any way around it now that I've seen how this thread has gone. Got to run, woln't be back on this topic. I've got to get busy this morning finishing up my 3rd book for submission on Monday. I need to get it done so I can get some firewood cut up. That's my way to get some good exercise and get away from all the complicated stuff life throws at us every day. I take my dogs, 4 or 5 saws, my trailer, and a good splitting maul, and head to the woods. No better "therapy" out there that I know of?......Cliff
attachment.php

Damn Husky's, can't even get the labels to stay on.

Latest posts

Back