Is this what Stihl's have come to?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny my man! considering I work at a Stihl, Husqvarna, Redmax, Echo, Dolmar and everything else dealership and my choice of brand in general is Husqvarna for chainsaws. Make a video, troller.

sure you do. I bet you're a bored 15 year old who has never touched a saw. Make a video of you at work or it's not true.

I was raised to take a man at his word. If you choose not to, so be it. I was relaying my experience. Next time a g4000 comes through give it a test run, I think you'll be surprised. I'm done with you.

sure you do. I bet you're a bored 15 year old who has never touched a saw. Make a video of you at work or it's not true.

I was raised to take a man at his word. If you choose not to, so be it. I was relaying my experience. Next time a g4000 comes through give it a test run, I think you'll be surprised. I'm done with you.

Pot calling the kettle black?

The key with removing that cover assembly is to drop the choke lever down to full choke (bottom position). With the lever all the way down, removing and installing the cover won't cause any issues.

It's like that on 028's and 038's too. Those saws are 25 years old...

What would we do with out the internet? :)

Gary

The people who are gonna complain about something stupid like the master control system are the fools that want to find something, ANYTHING that they don't like and can make a big deal about regarding Stihl because they hate them so much and want to hype up their own brand. The other types are the ones that are so stupid and hard headed that they just need not reproducing offspring.

We are getting into semantics here. You want to call it a design flaw, this that and the other. The truth is like stated many times over before, LEARN HOW TO OPERATE THE MACHINE THE WAY IT WAS BUILT, or don't use it if you hate it so much. How arrogant and stupid can one be that if there's something they dont know how to use about this or that machine, car or tool, then they get in a fit and call it stupid. Like the world revolves around your stupid ass and every manufacturer has to make things according to your stupid specs.

Now we sell mostly a lot of Stihls and a close second Husqvarnas and I personally like the Husky control better because that is just what I was used to as a kid using Husky's. But there is absolutely no problems with Stihls system either. I will use either or and get it functioning in a couple seconds. Now we dont see a crazy amount of comebacks from Husqvarna owners with broken choke levers but we get enough to know that the problem exists. Most of them are homeowners from the Sears Lowes internet crowd and come to us #####ing. The homeowners that bought husky from us don't have this problem. Then there are the commercial cutters that break them occasionally because most of them are bull headed, stubborn man handlers. Now is this a design flaw on Husky's part? Now we are getting into semantics. I say NO, the problem is if the operator used the tool properly, they wouldn't have an issue.

This thread is dumpster material. Don't wanna bash a stihl, but in every thread that's all this guy does. Don't wanna bash a stihl but he wants to take 1 model from a rocket scientist who can build a rocket but don't know nothin about runnin a saw and bash the whole brand from it and it aint even the saw's fault. What the hell difference does it make what one does for a living and how nice they are. Don't mean a thing if it dont pertain to that man's profession. We get all kinds of car engineers, chemists and doctors that buy a tool to do their own landscaping. And they dont know nothin, 99% of the time and why should they? apples and bowling balls.

those keys don't do anything a remote starter and normal fob do. They are ridiculously expensive to replace too. Not an improvement IMHO.

First time I ever encountered one was on a rental when they first came out. I was standing in the airport parking garage scratching my head. Finally found the slot in the dash. Not every improvement is.

The key fob is the key, you don't have that fob, better get your walking shoes. The first design was required to insert the fob into the slot. The newer design allows the fob to be within a certain range of the steering column. So keep the key in your pocket and hit the "start" button. The front 2 doors have a pressure switch on the handle, when the keyless transmitter detects the fob within range, you press the button and your door is unlocked. Very nice system for lazy people. Infinity's are on par with the "nicer" BWMs and other much more expensive rides. They make a fine vehicle.

This system is impossible to defeat without the Nissan scan tool or programmed fob, theives hate 'em. You would love it if it were your's a theif was after.;)

You're aweful caustic and cocky, especially for being such a newbie. What's up with the attitude?

I have 3 words for ya

To quote the immortal Clint Eastwood: Nag nag, nag

The original posted stated an opinion regarding a problematic saw and his thoughts on the design. Then the nagging started.

If he did something wrong in his operation, why not simply explain that he was doing it wrong??? It's called constructive criticism. Most of what I see here is destructive...

I've run mostly Stihl saws and trimmers so the master control lever movement is pretty much in my muscle memory. I don't see it as being a bad design, I can see it being a problem if someone doesn't maintain or know how to use their equipment, but that is not the fault of the saw. I will admit that the filter design on my MS210 sucks but does seem to perform well (enough)

You're aweful caustic and cocky, especially for being such a newbie. What's up with the attitude?

my apologies. I don't appreciate being called a liar just because someone doesn't like what I said. I may be a forum newbie but I have 30 years of cutting experience and I know a good saw from a great saw.

They are not hard. Once you buy a Infiniti, your salesman or previous owner will go over how to start it. If not, you won't be going anywhere.;) Most newer vehicles are going to this push start, very nice option once you are shown how to use it. Bad for the back yard mechanics.

I still want a key switch that kills some vital part of the engine management system when I turn it, not a button that SHOULD tell the computer to shut down if I press and hold it for several seconds. If I get a stuck throttle on a rough road, or worse yet off road, I might not be able to hold the @*#^%*@#& button down long enough before I hit the next big bump and the timer starts over.

At least Stihl has the balls to put their name on those saws. Husqvarna builds junk, then passes it off in box stores as a Poulan. That way the precious Husky name isn't soiled. They even have you fooled!!!

:givebeer: Not at all - most Poulans are made on the Poulan factory in the US and not at the Husky factory - but then Husky owns Poulan and many other brands and factories - and that makes it possible to post "info" that is misleading, even though it isn't a plain lie......

The flippy cap video needed a sequel!

My dad's been on the internet forum longer than your dad...good grief!

I'll see if I can find the proper song for da viddy o, should it be a tear jerker or something like thank god I'm a country boy,haha

I'll see if I can find the proper song for da viddy o, should it be a tear jerker or something like thank god I'm a country boy,haha

Can't use any Elvis tunes...he was a Husky Dusky fan.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJp842_u_xU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJp842_u_xU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

im not sure if ive seen a cheaper choke and kill switch than the one thats on my husky 350..oh thats right, the only thing thats left is the choke lever, or in reality, a thin peice of blue plastic about as tough as a straw from mcdonalds. which now doubles as choke AND kill switch, talk about consolidation, who needs a kill switch anyways!?
at least it has a metal handle though, right?

thats quite a rant for a kill switch on a cheap home owner saw..

Last edited:
Can't use any Elvis tunes...he was a Husky Dusky fan.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJp842_u_xU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JJp842_u_xU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What, now ya tell me, too late, va diddy o on da way,LOL

Latest posts

Back