It pays to search

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Had a issue now for a year with my second 029 I own. Fired up and rev'd out nice, but as soon as you would start to cut into a log it would bog down and die. Had it to 2 shop's, same thing. So I searched in here for a few nights and found a lot of useful info. I was done early today at the shop so I dug it out and went at it. I removed the muffler first and looked over the top of the piston. Carboned but not to bad. So I took the time to clean up the muffer and gasket. I did notice the screen had a carbon spot about the size of a dime so I cleaned that too. Next I looked into the gas resvoir to see if the line was pinched or filter was bad. Couldn't see with the fuel that was in it so I decided to dump it. Noticed it smelled kinda old when dumping it. The filter and line looked fine so I dropped in some new fuel and took it outside for a quick test run. Little rough at first but then it ran fine. I cut thru 3 logs no problem. Saturday will be the real test. I do need to read up on adjusting the carb screws and do that saturday, great site with very useful info.

Been searching that too.problem is I found 6 different variations. Which one is the right way? Gonna price a saw tach today and maybe take a shot at adjusting both saws. Big cut Saturday

Forgot to mention. Going to change spark plugs in both saws today. Not a big fan of champion so I'm going with either a bosch or NGK
I use the bosch in my 029. if you haven't cleaned or replaced the air filter do that before any carb adj. start with factory specs and tweak the carb from there. a tach is a good idea.

Saws get tore down and blown out with air including the filters after every cut. I'm thinking the bosch too. Seems the most common in searching.

Latest posts

Back