It was raining out this weekend so I made this..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splittah

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, It was one of those weekends where it rained so hard you couldn't do anything outside so I build a new sawbuck that I have needed for a while now.

First is a pic of my old one.

NewSawbuck002.jpg

And the new one. Right after I finished putting it together..

NewSawbuck003.jpg

NewSawbuck004.jpg

Doweled at the intersections so you can't trash a chain on metal..

NewSawbuck006.jpg

Chains added for stability, also adjustable..

NewSawbuck013.jpg

and lastly FOLDABLE for compact storage.. ( an idea I saw on AS :) )

NewSawbuck011.jpg

Certainly is a rugged beast... has a bit of weight to it but I don't plan on moving it too much anyways. It is certainly more portable than the old one.

Not bad for an hours work I think, and got another project completed too!

Hope you like... :givebeer:

nice!

like the look of that, what size timber did you use looks like 2"x1". just what I am after. like the idea of the chains.

Have you tried it on uneven ground? my wood area is pretty uneven and would either need to be flattened or horse would have to be able to cope with it.

like the look of that, what size timber did you use looks like 2"x1". just what I am after. like the idea of the chains.

Have you tried it on uneven ground? my wood area is pretty uneven and would either need to be flattened or horse would have to be able to cope with it.

I used 2 x 4's pressure treated..

If stability is a problem because of uneven terrain maybe cut the center legs shorter? I don't have an issue with uneven ground where I use it.

Nice job. I have a 6 legged one that's similar, but is bolted. Maybe I'll use dowels like in yours :cheers:

Nice job Splittah! That's what I need too be doin! Looks good.:clap:

Thanks! And you have a PM my friend.

Nice job. I have a 6 legged one that's similar, but is bolted. Maybe I'll use dowels like in yours :cheers:

Yeah, I used nails last time, I didn't want the metal in it this time at the joint area so I used dowels.

BTW, Thanks for the rep.

Looks very good--time well spent

Thanks again, yes it was. Turned a so-so day into a good one.

Dave

Ain't satisfying when you finish a nice project like that! Much more accomplished than getting on a treadmill. lol

Latest posts

Back