Items to consider carrying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl_in_texas

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
A while back I was in the middle of cutting firewood when the e-ring and washer decided to come off. Luckily I had a spare of each so I could continue cutting. I've been carrying a retractable magnet with me since then, in case something like that happened again. It might make finding smaller items lost in amongst the sawdust and leaves a little easier. Well, yesterday I was doing a little tuning while I was cutting. I got to the point where I was going to check the plug color. As I went to remove the plug I remembered a tip from an auto mechanic buddy about removing and installing spark plugs with rubber hose. Get a short length of hose, 3/16" in my case, slip the hose over the tip of the spark plug and twist the hose in the proper direction. I believe this is supposed to help reduce cross threading the plug in the head. Of course when removing the plug from the head, you'll need to use your scrench/wrench to break it loose. :laugh:
Just thought I'd pass this along.

Steve

Yep, spares are necessary, e clips, sprocket washer, sprocket bearing, even a sprocket. Bar nuts, filters, rubber washers for or complete fuel and oil caps. Sparkplugs, feeler gauge, the list is lengthy. Doesnt take long to fill a decent size plastic tackle box when you add files, screwdrivers, allen wrenches, mini mag, sharpie pen to mark starting point when filing chain, file brush, etc., etc.

Back