Its Been a long time since I was on here, but ran a Great saw today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
20140824_150506.jpeg So I finally decided to take some time off from my busy schedule to go upstate to my Uncle Mikes hunting land and help him a little on the bigger cabin he's building up there. Well lucky for me he brought two ported toys for me to play with. Ive run some smitty built big stihls before, and his 046 did NOT disappoint. Every body knows Im a diehard Husqvarna lover, shoot I don't even give you stihls the respect of a capital letter like I do for Husqvarna. But a ported 75cc+ saw going through ash like a hot knife through butter would put a smile on anybody's face. Brett, good job! Next up I switched to Uncle Mikes "limbing" saw. Randy you sir are a MasterMind! That saw is quick! I can't wait to see this saw go up against Bob's 562xp. I know how strong Bob's saw is, and this saw felt equally as strong. I didn't want my Uncle to see me enjoying them too much because then he'll start with his "Im gonna convert you" talk. I will say that he owns two great built saws, and those two 10mm 044's he has are nice too. Now if I can only get him to admit that he loves running my Husqvarnas, cause I know he does.

Thanks Matt, and I've never denied that. You know I was really impressed with that 50/55 you put together, and I posted it here, and how many times have I asked if you got that 262 running yet?????

I even posted about when you and I switched saws with each other and we both concluded many posters have far too much bias regarding the color of the saw.

I love my Stihls, but I like and respect any good running saw, and fortunately there are many of them out there.

And thanks for your help today, it was appreciated, and was great to see the kids being kids up at the property, catching toads, snakes and red efs, picking berries and shooting the BB gun. It does not get much better than that.

View attachment 365126 So I finally decided to take some time off from my busy schedule to go upstate to my Uncle Mikes hunting land and help him a little on the bigger cabin he's building up there. Well lucky for me he brought two ported toys for me to play with. Ive run some smitty built big stihls before, and his 046 did NOT disappoint. Every body knows Im a diehard Husqvarna lover, shoot I don't even give you stihls the respect of a capital letter like I do for Husqvarna. But a ported 75cc+ saw going through ash like a hot knife through butter would put a smile on anybody's face. Brett, good job! Next up I switched to Uncle Mikes "limbing" saw. Randy you sir are a MasterMind! That saw is quick! I can't wait to see this saw go up against Bob's 562xp. I know how strong Bob's saw is, and this saw felt equally as strong. I didn't want my Uncle to see me enjoying them too much because then he'll start with his "Im gonna convert you" talk. I will say that he owns two great built saws, and those two 10mm 044's he has are nice too. Now if I can only get him to admit that he loves running my Husqvarnas, cause I know he does.
You missed the last G2G Matt. If you had made it, I had an MasterMind 562XP, MS261C-M, and MS441C-M there. The 261 and 441 will go with me to Bob's this fall but the 562 got sent home.

See you at Spike's!

Back