It's finally over.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am sure a bunch of you guys know that I have been experiencing some troubles with my landlords over the past... several months. Well today it all ended when they gave me the boot. I have tonight and tomorow to move all of my stuff out of there. Good thing I have a couple friends who look out for me (supplying storage facilities)

You do know that you can't get kicked out that quickly legally right? Eviction is a major pain in the ass, I used to manage a rental property for my mother in law. I have never dealt with so many low lifes!! I did all kinds of illegal stuff, cut off the water, elec, changed locks, almost got into a fight once with a crack head (I was more a slumlord than a landlord). I told him he was leaving on his own or in the back of an ambulance, gave him one hour to clear out, he was gone when I got back. I did this for about 1 year for no pay, it was hell. My dad owns lots of rentals, he figured out the best way to get someone out is to give them $50. A lot cheaper than a legal eviction, and they don't leave pissed off trashing the place.
Greg

Stumper;

I had gone in there this morning to find out about reimbursing them for damage I had caused last week. When I went in, one of the owners said to me "Matt, I think we should end our relationship." It was more involved than that, but this was just the camel's back being broken. I just wish they had told me during the week sometime, like that I wouldn't have owed a sub a good amount of time for some emergency work he did for me in regards to this place.

Greg, not to be sounding like an ??????? here or anything... but this was the fault of both of both parties. I wasn't doing my part on a consistent basis (sometimes a LOT more than I was responsible for, othertimes what was required, and the rest of the time I was slacking off) This past winter (when there were no real problems to speak of) I would go in there late at night and there would be no lights / heat / etc. I didn't find out that I had any running water until just this past spring.

I moved out most of my stuff this past Sunday with the help of a few friends. Got home and couldn't find my 029. Not at the deli, not at my house. To say the least, I was not happy.

Latest posts

Back