It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell he can have this place for all I give a ****. If he's gonna be here day after day I'm gone.

You win Brush Ape. Later.

Watching this video, two things come to mind. First, the saw ain't gonna last long with that kind of load on it. And second, at 1:30 it's pretty clear this idiot is reckless and doesn't know how to operate a saw in a reasonable manner. I predict that this guy ends up hurting himself badly with one of his "hot saws" sooner than later.

Notice the 1106/09 in the pic: he could of at least moved the rescue saw out of the way. ;)

Its just that pesky pres here again ,same question I have 2 066s
poly flywheels ,hoe come a return to alloy

Good question, probably could have saved an ounce or three of rotating mass... two schools of thought on rotating mass though. Light revs quicker, while heavier is harder to stop (duh). I'd guess it has something to do with keeping the saw from bogging when dawged in (maybe kinda sorta??)

dw

More flywheel mass contributes to smoother feel when you start the saw.
If any of you guys have ever had the blade loose or off of a typical push mower
and pulled the recoil and had the rope snatched through your now stinging fingers
Then you know how it works.

It also helps smooth out the idle and improves the odds against it stalling while idling.
But that wont solve any carburetion problems that an engine may have.
And of course it has its price in speed of rpm changes.

When I carved out a couple of small places on the back my poulan 2900,
it roughened the idle a slight bit and made a noticeable change in the "commitment"
You need to give when you pull the rope.
It will sometimes spit back and snatch the rope away if you pull it a bit to lackadaisically
But do not confuse faster pulling for jerking on it, those are two very different actions.

Notice the 1106/09 in the pic: he could of at least moved the rescue saw out of the way. ;)

He has had several overpriced 090 saws for sale on Ebay. He has a PHO 090 listed now for $2,500. For a 'low hour' saw, it has a lot of grime in it and missing paint on the handle. He also sells new MS880s with 25 inch bars and 10 pin rims. He is an odd contradiction, selling both Stihl MS170 and MS880 as 'hot saws'. Dunno why he does not sell the 880/090s with his Hot Saw Picco B&C setups. Maybe that was what he was testing in the video. They would be Uber PILTZ Extreme Hot Saws... built by the Uber Azzhole himself. Oh, sorry, that is the other Uber Azzhole... the Recycled Brush Ape seems to hold that title here.

Well maybe a Piltz mag ll would be a V8 chainsaw running a 20 pin 1/4 full + skip, where there is a cutter every third or fourth link.

Well maybe a Piltz mag ll would be a V8 chainsaw running a 20 pin 1/4 full + skip, where there is a cutter every third or fourth link.

Are you referring to this special ultra low profile chain? I am surprised PILTZ has not found NK Picco/low profile...
ultra lopro.jpg
Photo shamelessly ripped off from a post by Bennn*e

Great to know! I'll let Bitzer, rounder, tramp busheler and the other XPW runners who count on their saws for their livelihood know that they've got it all wrong

I don't depend on my saws for a living. I'm just a goober who cuts firewood.

That said, I maintain a small fleet for my good friend who owns the local sawmill.

They bought two stihl 460's in 2002-ish. One got crushed, the other is still running strong, and has never been apart, save for regular maintenance items.

I dare not say how many huskys they've been thru in the same time frame.

Somebody might get all butt hurt. Lol.

But what I will say, is I've seen 4 bottom end failures, on three different models of husky in the last couple of years from the mill. All running the same mix as the ol' 460....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back