It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both great running saws. But those modded 390s are animals!
Yes, they are. I would be shocked for most ANY other saw to outperform one in this size wood. No other saw of this size makes the RPMs a 390 does. For that matter, a 372 would likely be faster in this size wood. 36" wood would probably favor the 661.

Honestly, I'm more interested in how the 661 compares to the 395. If it can make the torque of the 395, it might just be my new stumping saw. A 395 definitely has more torque than a 390, but the 390 would definitely out cut it in this wood. I want a saw that I can put my hip against and muscle through a stump. That's hard work and calls for a saw with lots of torque.

Honestly, I'm more interested in how the 661 compares to the 395. If it can make the torque of the 395, it might just be my new stumping saw. A 395 definitely has more torque than a 390, but the 390 would definitely out cut it in this wood. I want a saw that I can put my hip against and muscle through a stump. That's hard work and calls for a saw with lots of torque.
Good idea. Put a 395 in the mix.

That's not what this thread is about, and is certainly not needed to make a crazy strong 390XP.

No way you can make a 390XP run with a popup like I can with a cut squish.

The exhaust is too high, and needs to come down.

I'm gonna have to call ******** on that Brad.

That's like saying a 660 with a popup can run like a 660 with the squish cut.

I don't believe they run the same...

I have no dog in that fight , i have a few with pop ups and a few with the squish cut and they all run good..i was just speakin for the users who dont have a lathe..the benefits of cutting the squish band are more favorable for the average guy who cant just spin a pop up if need be..aside from the performance you guys say is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back