It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, I tried it and I thought I was gonna die.

It takes a rare breed of hill man to cut and top 50 or 60 trees a day and have 25 or 30 beers while doing it,most have trained there whole lives to achieve that level.
It must be a trained thing. I never had a problem. The more I drink the faster I go.

Its a good thing the choir on here hasnt seen some of the sh!t the felons ive worked with have done..

I saw a guy hang his bean bag over a tank a baby alligator was in on you tube and that little leather back grabbed ahold of his stones...doesnt mean im gonna try it..

I honestly cant believe the vaginal tendencies on here..i thought when i joined a chainsaw forum id meet a few gruff's like myself...strange mafuccas isnt even the word...

Cyber space..gotta love it !
Your perfect for the hills of Missouri, blend right in with us boys.

What model perkins.....I might know a guy

It's a 4.236 non turbo stress block type. Like a tractor engine rather than one from a chipper, or ginny.

The machine is a 1970 MF300 crawler.

FB_IMG_1450908010892.jpg

Sucks about the loader. I hope I never have to work on another engine, it sure gets old after a while.

I enjoy working on larger equipment, and most farm equipment....

When its sitting in a mud hole though, that sorta takes the fun away.

How did you manage to blow a motor in that Randy? Do you know what went?

I know a guy who repairs those things, and he is actually in the process of moving to your State.

As for Brad demonstrating how the weight of the saw will pull it through the wood, I don't see what the big deal is about it. There was nothing near the tip of the saw, it was fine.

As for having a beer or any other alcoholic beverage, I put it off till after the day is done. There are no second chances with a chainsaw mistake.

How did you manage to blow a motor in that Randy? Do you know what went?

The engine had thrown a rod about 12 years ago. It was patched up with a big plate welded on the side. The internal damage wasn't too serious to the main webs or anything though. I do think that the liners were probably dinked a bit though.

It started blowing white smoke, we pulled the head and found this....

1221150954.jpg

I've got a John Deere 1120, and a Massey Ferguson 135. But nothing that will pull that loader up outta the mud. The loader weighs just over 13 tons.

I can get the bucket raised up by using the starter to spin the engine. It will make enough hydraulic pressure that way. Then I can lift the engine out by rigging off of the loader arms.

Something tells me you have done this before.

My friends and I still joke about what we used to do to pull engines. We would "borrow" the swing set from the local playground, set it up over the front of the car and use a come along or hoist to pull the engine. It was usually a "group effort".

No one ever complained, because we always returned it and set it up again! Hey, renting a cherry picker cost money!

Can't drink all day unless you start in the morning

You know what deeter , i was thinkin about this before i crashed last night..the couple dudes i know in the biz who have gotten hurt..they were stone sober at work being safety conscious.

I dont know a single guy who was just chillin with a few guys on a sat or sun cuttin some firewood and drinkin some beers thats ever even had an issue , but those guys are just regular dudes that dont even know what AS is and could care less about snellerized vs tree monkey vs mastermind etc etc..what saws weigh...its scary on here big dawg..real scary :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back