It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the "R" in the 660R gets you the wrap handle and an H.O. oiler, among other things. Does the 661R actually get you an H.O. oiler or is it assumed that it does just because it did on the 660? I ask because I am about to buy a 661 and if the "R" get the H.O. oiler, that is what I will be buying.

I find it very interesting that the 661 has disappeared from the stihl USA site. Makes me wonder if they are having problems with them again. I hope not! I've been waiting what feels like an eternity for them to be released again.

I find it very interesting that the 661 has disappeared from the stihl USA site. Makes me wonder if they are having problems with them again. I hope not! I've been waiting what feels like an eternity for them to be released again.
Dont loose sleep over it. The website has a reputation for being wrong....

I'm porting another MS661 this evening. Here's the port work laid out.

Exhaust. Those are the piston skirt edges that are marked, so no widening here. I'm also not changing port timing. All the exhaust will get is a little cleanup/polishing work.
1213141745-L.jpg

Here's the intake port. It will be widening, but no port timing change again. It will be raised just a hair, due to lowering the jug .045".
1213141743a-L.jpg

Here you can see how much angle is put on the factory transfer ports. I make them level with the highest point, no higher.
1213141745c-L.jpg

Here's a pic showing how I use the ring to mark my port heights.
1213141742a-L.jpg

Exhaust. Those are the piston skirt edges that are marked, so no widening here. I'm also not changing port timing. All the exhaust will get is a little cleanup/polishing work.
1213141745-L.jpg

Here's the intake port. It will be widening, but no port timing change again. It will be raised just a hair, due to lowering the jug .045".
1213141743a-L.jpg

Here you can see how much angle is put on the factory transfer ports. I make them level with the highest point, no higher.
1213141745c-L.jpg

1213141742a-L.jpg
Those edges sure do look rough. That's from the factory right?

1213141745-L.jpg

1213141743a-L.jpg

1213141745c-L.jpg

1213141742a-L.jpg
Mark will be happy with that Brad:happybanana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back