It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 395XP is headed back to Illinois where it came from. Stihlaficiando sold it to me and now bought it back. He also has that very strong running 661 I built for him. His reports on the 661 are extremely favorable. Lots of torque and more topend than a 660. I would concur with that assessment. Since I never got around to it, he's agreed to do a heads up comparison on them. Yes, I'm putting you on the hook, Mark! :)
I just went through this whole thread looking for a 661 390 comparison and nothing WTF.

yup. my ported 395 is the most impressive saw I have ever run. It had it all over my ported 2188- both with 28'' bars in red oak, and my 2188 was pretty "hot". I don't see the 661cm I have now ever running with wither of them.

yup. my ported 395 is the most impressive saw I have ever run. It had it all over my ported 2188- both with 28'' bars in red oak, and my 2188 was pretty "hot". I don't see the 661cm I have now ever running with wither of them.

If you were to use a saw 8-10 hours a day felling and bucking which saw from your collection would you choose? I could see where this question would be a tough one :)

If you were to use a saw 8-10 hours a day felling and bucking which saw from your collection would you choose? I could see where this question would be a tough one :)

My "collection" is no more, Im at my lowest # in 4 years.;) . I prefer my ported 288xp to anything I have or had.:yes:

Would have been more practical if the wood was bigger. Like maybe the bar buried in wood? Might as well put a 20" on it for that test.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Would have been more practical if the wood was bigger. Like maybe the bar buried in wood? Might as well put a 20" on it for that test.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
These saws work much better with longer bars...lot more torque than older model. But, not as fast, even ported, with short bar compared to early 066. At least that's my observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back