It's snowing, oh no!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not talking about folks from other countries. Actually, THOSE people from the countries south of CA fit in better than those from this country. THOSE :cry:people are usually working hard in the orchards and woods, and are not building new McMansions and causing more paving of what was open country. THEY are doing the work that our citizens will apparently not do because the pay is low and the work is hard....I worked at such jobs while a teenager. Tree planting helped me pay for school.

Sorry to have turned this into another hate the president for any reason and toss out the folks who are different thread.

How many of you are interested in tree planting jobs? I think the wages start at $10.00 per hour and might go up a dollar if you stick to it and get production and quality.
You'll have to work in the rain. A pair of calks would be a good thing to have. There are usually jobs to be had out of the Longview area. Tree planting is one job that is easier to do on steep ground. Then, when the planting season winds down, you can maybe get a job on a precommercial thinning crew. You can run a chainsaw all day in the various weather types and get paid similarly to tree planting. I think most of the outfits will supply the saw. Anybody?

So, do you think we should be welcoming to as many people who want to move here and will wreck/degrade the quality of life if they do?? Where do you draw the line?
Move here, knock over more forest, pave or plant your grass and keep on until it is gone??

I'd rather be unfriendly and discourage people. Besides, I may be saving your life. There's volcanoes to erupt and the big earthquake to look forward to. You could die if you moved here! Stay in the flatlands, please.
Wow
I'm not talking about folks from other countries. Actually, THOSE people from the countries south of CA fit in better than those from this country. THOSE :cry:people are usually working hard in the orchards and woods, and are not building new McMansions and causing more paving of what was open country. THEY are doing the work that our citizens will apparently not do because the pay is low and the work is hard....I worked at such jobs while a teenager. Tree planting helped me pay for school.

Sorry to have turned this into another hate the president for any reason and toss out the folks who are different thread.

How many of you are interested in tree planting jobs? I think the wages start at $10.00 per hour and might go up a dollar if you stick to it and get production and quality.
You'll have to work in the rain. A pair of calks would be a good thing to have. There are usually jobs to be had out of the Longview area. Tree planting is one job that is easier to do on steep ground. Then, when the planting season winds down, you can maybe get a job on a precommercial thinning crew. You can run a chainsaw all day in the various weather types and get paid similarly to tree planting. I think most of the outfits will supply the saw. Anybody?
So you are OK with illeagle immigrants but not Americans I take it.

Damn that sounds awesome! I just have to get rid of my wife and kids. After that I'm on it.

and are not building new McMansions and causing more paving of what was open country

did your "house" just grow out of the ground? maybe a hollowed out tree? do you walk through the woods to get where you need to go? maybe use paths made by animals?
mcmansion or not, your house isn't natural to the landscape, land was cleared to build it, land was cleared to access the site (road built) you think only you deserve to be able to have a house there but no one else...
are you even "originally" from WA? if so then someone in your family definitely wasn't! what makes it ok for you to live there but not anyone else??? ****ing ignorant hypocrite!

doesn't sound any worse than what i do now. just spent the last 6 hrs. out in the snow and 20*temps dragging logs out for firewood. and i was at the barn last nite at 11 and then at 2 and then at 4 to check for new lambs. i don't think i made $10 hr. don't think i made $10 period.

Well you are just a lowly flatlander lol

Hey now, how did a canuck know they call eastern shore dudes flatlanders?

did your "house" just grow out of the ground? maybe a hollowed out tree? do you walk through the woods to get where you need to go? maybe use paths made by animals?
mcmansion or not, your house isn't natural to the landscape, land was cleared to build it, land was cleared to access the site (road built) you think only you deserve to be able to have a house there but no one else...
are you even "originally" from WA? if so then someone in your family definitely wasn't! what makes it ok for you to live there but not anyone else??? ****ing ignorant hypocrite!

Damn dude, sounds like you drank too much coffee lol. Thanks for that awesome post

My point about the supply and demand for the jobs is if we didn't have so many illegals to do the work for 10.00 I imagine the employers would have to up the pay scale. Not saying that is a perfect answer but if we are going to give assistance to someone because they work at a low paying job and it's sub standard for their amount of dependents lets give it to a citizen of this country.

Isn't it the folks that belong to the same group as you do who claim the rich businessmen are the ones raking in the money? Let them pay more in labor and keep the money in this country. Maybe we could convince some parents to get their kids out there to work those jobs. Instead of offering them free college tuition. I know I've done my share of low paying grunt work when I was growing up.

Sounds like a perfect job for my teenagers. Make some money, learn about hard work, respect for the land, then go back to school. The way it is supposed to be.

I know I've done my share of low paying grunt work when I was growing up.
My dad was a successful professional but as a high schooler I worked summer jobs for $7 an hour because he didn't have an in to the unions like my buddy's dads. Those kids got paid $17-19 an hour to do significantly strenuous work plus an average of 20 hours of time and a half a week. They would bank $10K a summer and I'd be lucky to have $2500.

Hard work never hurt anyone. I wish this country did have mandatory service after HS and teach people how to work.

People who have entered our country illegally should be treated as felony criminals.
So in that sense, I'm all for immigration reform... I believe the act of illegally entering the US should be elevated from a misdemeanor to a felony. People caught entering illegally should be hung with a felony arrest and conviction... which would automatically make legal immigration extremely difficult (as well as removing certain rights and privileges if they did later get in legally).
I also believe unlawful presence in the US should be elevated from a civil crime to a felony crime... same consequences as above.

It is completely asinine to let someone stay here who's very first act in this country was a crime (illegal entry).

If you invited me to your home, and you asked me to remove my shoes before entering... then I said "screw that" and tracked mud across your carpet... would you allow me to stay?? Would you invite me back??

Asinine‼

Bleeding heart, your to easy. I think the crime should be as harsh as possible.

She kinda called me one too, then said I would die if I went out there.

lol. Did she specify how you would die?

Sounds like a perfect job for my teenagers. Make some money, learn about hard work, respect for the land, then go back to school. The way it is supposed to be.

Amen.

My dad was a successful professional but as a high schooler I worked summer jobs for $7 an hour because he didn't have an in to the unions like my buddy's dads. Those kids got paid $17-19 an hour to do significantly strenuous work plus an average of 20 hours of time and a half a week. They would bank $10K a summer and I'd be lucky to have $2500.

Hard work never hurt anyone. I wish this country did have mandatory service after HS and teach people how to work.

I went to Korea for a while when I was in the Corps. They have mandatory military service. Went to a ROK Marine base. Those dudes couldn't leave the freaking base. Slept on a tiny little mat that they rolled onto wooden frames that stuck out from a wall. No walls, just a totally open barracks. Watched them do rifle drills. Thought I had it bad in boot camp when I was sent to the sand pit for punishment. If the ROK Marines screwed up during drill their sergeants would smack the crap out them.

Anyway, point of my story is hard work makes you appreciate things in life.

I've worked 40 hour weeks at a farm for $100. If you got cold, rain snow or sleet, you were not working hard enough.

Todays children want to play vidiot games and get their entitlements.

not to get OT. :rolleyes: but its' snowing here as i type and puttin it down at a pretty good clip. what am i gonna do? i know, move to warshington. :ices_rofl:
you likely only know its snowing because that's what the weather man said...right? just make sure you make your plans according to their forecast then adjust them as their weather models change, and don't forget to get the bread and milk...:crazy2:

Latest posts

Back