ive been a member so long that

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive been a member of this site for so long that I can remember when this forum was actually about firewood and heating with wood .

I'll agree, used to be a good place to come and share stories and what not that are on topic and useful, I could do without these little tangent threads that are just a waste of time bickering match between a buncha over posters that obviously have nothing better to do! Find it hard to believe they even cut wood when they spend all the time on here posting useless threads! Its nice to see I'm not the only one noticing this trend allstihl!

Now I don't know If other stuff you posted was true or not and really don't care, But on two different occasions on two different saws, you said they were run on straight gas for extended periods of time. One was for two years. the other I can't remember. you said no ill effects occurred because of it. Now that's a bunch of BS. You can't expect people to believe you with post like that. Now maybe the gas had mix in it you didn't know nothing about, But you're supposed to be the saw expert and surely you can't believe a saw will run on straight gas for two years and not lock up. maybe he set it on the shelf for two years after putting gas in it and never used it.
:clap::clap: me thinks,, some do drugs occasionally and post,, or booze...........

NO, THAT IS NOT WHAT I HAD POSTED! Your post is a GREAT example of what I'm talking about. Read half the story, come up with some crazy made up version and that's how it happened?! WHERE DO YOU EVEN COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?!

I had said a customer brought in a saw for tuning. While tuning, it seized up. Come to find out it had straight gas in it. When the customer was called he argued on it needing oil, he had never done than and had the saw for years.

The other example I mentioned was my own saw, a 460 and I said my worker ran several tanks of gas for the small splitter through it, and yes, it was no worse for wear.

Now I don't know If other stuff you posted was true or not and really don't care, But on two different occasions on two different saws, you said they were run on straight gas for extended periods of time. One was for two years. the other I can't remember. you said no ill effects occurred because of it. Now that's a bunch of BS. You can't expect people to believe you with post like that. Now maybe the gas had mix in it you didn't know nothing about, But you're supposed to be the saw expert and surely you can't believe a saw will run on straight gas for two years and not lock up. maybe he set it on the shelf for two years after putting gas in it and never used it.

NO, THAT IS NOT WHAT I HAD POSTED! Your post is a GREAT example of what I'm talking about. Read half the story, come up with some crazy made up version and that's how it happened?! WHERE DO YOU EVEN COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?!

I had said a customer brought in a saw for tuning. While tuning, it seized up. Come to find out it had straight gas in it. When the customer was called he argued on it needing oil, he had never done than and had the saw for years.

The other example I mentioned was my own saw, a 460 and I said my worker ran several tanks of gas for the small splitter through it, and yes, it was no worse for wear.
You done posted so many lies you can't remember what you said, That is not what you said. That thread has been deleted or I'd prove you told another lie. Everyone give you a fit over it and I had to read it again to make sure you said it. So you're saying you never said you loaned a saw out and a guy run straight gas through it for several tanks and it was not harmed?And another guy brought you a saw that had been run for two years without mix and still ran fine with good compression? Everybody else read it.Good try though.:dizzy:

You done posted so many lies you can't remember what you said, That is not what you said. That thread has been deleted or I'd prove you told another lie. Everyone give you a fit over it and I had to read it again to make sure you said it. So you're saying you never said you loaned a saw out and a guy run straight gas through it for several tanks and it was not harmed?And another guy brought you a saw that had been run for two years without mix and still ran fine with good compression? Everybody else read it.Good try though.:dizzy:

And this is the quote SS was referring to, I'm saying you are lying........

I'm just saying what happened. Don't believe it, I don't care, but don't be rude!

I had a worker last year run my 460 Stihl almost a whole week on regular gas. Several gallons. It's still running fine and makes 160psi... somehow!

that being said, we get many straight gassed saws in for repairs that it only took a tank or less of no oil gas to ruin the piston and cylinder.

I use good oil, maybe that helps, I dunno.

logo.jpg

Thank you, I can't wait to hear his response. There was another one too where a saw ran two years on straight gas.

This one?

Couple years back Carl got a saw in that needed to be tuned.
In the end it locked up while tuning, tank had just gas, no oil.
Well the customer had NO clue about mixing oil and had been running the saw for a couple years on regular gas.

Try it they burn nice and HOT.
"They" :innocent: use'ta make big shop heaters from fuel oil tanks... put big doors on 'em and drip line for used oil (and whatever else got dumped in the barrel).
Toss some scrap wood and whatnot in 'em (like RR ties, poles, used up shop rags, cardboard boxes, plastic, you-name-it), pour a little liquid fire accelerant in there, get the fire goin' and start the oil drip... then open the door and throw in an old used (bias-ply) tire or two. Talk about heat... holy crap man... ya' could get them things glowin'.

Firewood ain't got nothin' on used oil and tires when it comes to making a lot of heat in a big friggin' hurry.

Just sayin'.

"They" :innocent: use'ta make big shop heaters from fuel oil tanks... put big doors on 'em and drip line for used oil (and whatever else got dumped in the barrel).
Toss some scrap wood and whatnot in 'em (like RR ties, poles, used up shop rags, cardboard boxes, plastic, you-name-it), pour a little liquid fire accelerant in there, get the fire goin' and start the oil drip... then open the door and throw in an old used (bias-ply) tire or two. Talk about heat... holy crap man... ya' could get them things glowin'.

Firewood ain't got nothin' on used oil and tires when it comes to making a lot of heat in a big friggin' hurry.

Just sayin'.

"those were the day's"..... LOL

:clap::clap::laughing:

Latest posts

Back