I've Been Lakerized!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there Livewire, I hear you're taking orders on mufflers!!!

Looks good. I'd almost say it looks sexy but you guys would get the wrong ideas. :cheers:

I tried to rep you, but it wouldn't go...

Very nicely done!

Looks very nice, makes me want to do mine.

Or, pay you to do one for me :monkey:

LOL...

You guys are funny!!!

I said I was shaking when I cut into my muffler...I'd display FULL ON torrets if I did someone elses...Haaaa.

I think my biggest worry was getting every last shard of shrapnel out of the can before painting & reassembly. It lit off fine this morning, didn't go supernova or screech to a halt. If anything I might have the H set a tad rich, but need to tach it to get it perfect.

FOD would be my biggest concern of doing something like this for others... the one tiny piece of engine-claymoring scrap that got missed (or wedged) by the shake-tap-listen-repeat drill and the final blasts of high pressure air.

Very nice work!

You ought to be proud of that one Livewire!... It looks beautiful! I don't suppose you will fall for it like I did, but the new paint smells had me pretty nervous when I got going til I figured out what it was. Nice neat job!
hvy048

My mod turned out okay but the only paint I could find here in my rural area was the ugly matte stuff you see. Don't like it a bit. I am thinking about having it dipped (chrome) unless I can find some high heat gloss black or gloss Husky Orange (or close).

Any suggestions welcomed. Great work on those Stihl muff mods guys! :rock:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back