I've Been Lakerized!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's mostly from moving dishwashers and other appliances into peoples garages.:laugh:

I just took it outside for the tune 'n' tach. It's much better with this mod. I tached at 14200 after richening...seemed high but it made quick work of a couple large rounds!
No more "machine" sound, either!

Last edited:
:ices_rofl:

Yep... but there is method to the madness... it's real easy to "buy your own" for the garage after that..:) :)

Find an old convection/microwave unit with a bad microwave section (common)... If it keeps blowing fuses (shorted diode or capacitor in the magnetron circuit), just disconnect the magnetron (carefully)... Then just use the convection portion - much better then radient heating for baking paint etc.

I'm working on a project right now to make the wife happy. Making a "drying oven" out of one of those convection air cookers that you find in most yard sales for $5.00 building a cabnit and the mounts for the convection blower now. Unit already has all of the themostat controls up to 500 degrees and runs on standard 110 volt plug. I'll let you all know how it works when (if) I get it done.

In the picture with the muffler mounted to the saw. It appears that you have a wire hose clamp around your newly added pipe.

Is there a reason for this?

Or am I seeing something?

Thanks,

Sam

Last edited:
I will have one like that in a while, I hope.......:yoyo: :yoyo:

It will be interesting to find out how much differense it makes on a German made 361 (different cylinder and muffler from the US ones).

Last edited:
Be sure to wear gloves when using the saw though. I was bucking fir with my 361 yesterday and the hot gas bouncing off the bark can sure heat up (like BURN) a glove real fast!

Andy, I didn't realise you were moving into the "Hotsaw" business:hmm3grin2orange:

indeed a nice job !

did you say you were lakerized or liquerized ? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

lol.
No joke there! I was nervous cutting into the muffler and brazing...after I was done I had to drink a couple beers to settle down a tad!

I got a ? for you muffler modders..

Im looking at muffler modding my Wild Thing soon, and I was wondering if there would be any power problems running a "longer" pipe out the side, like maybe 4"?

Id like to bring it out, and down the right side at an angle.

Im really good at using the O/A torch, do you think it would get too hot for this thin metal?

Where do you find your screen material?

Hi Guys!
Could you help me find screen?
I have searched far and wide, and have yet to come up with a source for suitable screen material for spark arresting. It would be preferable to find an online source because I live so far out. Any help would be appreciated.
Jack

I will have one like that in a while, I hope.......:yoyo: :yoyo:

It will be interesting to find out how much differense it makes on a German made 361 (different cylinder and muffler from the US ones).

Go ahead, make me feel bad...:D :D soon... soon...

Here ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys!
Could you help me find screen?
I have searched far and wide, and have yet to come up with a source for suitable screen material for spark arresting. It would be preferable to find an online source because I live so far out. Any help would be appreciated.
Jack

http://www.marcospecialtysteel.com/

They have everything you need,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:cheers:

Jumping on the bandwagon

I got mine finished this evening... will have to wait until morning for the test & tune though.

The only thin-wall tubing" I could easily find was some 1/2" ID x 2" L steel spacer/bushing sleeve material from the local hardware shop... when cut on a 45*, it yielded two useful pieces for $1.08. This stuff has a slit down the length (like HREW tubing without the W) so I had to braze that up as well.

The screen I got was just a smidgen too small to fit over the end of the tube, so spent a bit of time filing a taper on that end... got it happy, then set to brazing the port onto the can. I'd never used MAPP/O2 before, but it seemed to do just fine. My oxy/acety tanks were empty :( so I 'splurged' on a set of the Burnz-o-Matics... kinda chintzy LMAO Smith, it's not, but not a bad investment for a home-owner/occasional light-duty user.

Thanks to Andy for the inspiration & the part #s.

Latest posts

Back