I've got the 350 together, but, always something

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsaw

"Been There, Milled That"
Reaction score
So, I drop by the shop that has done some powdercoating for me in the past. They have a sign up that they now do welding. So I stop in with the muffler and the tubing, show him how to hold it together, and he goes to welding it. Turns out his welder has shot craps. Instead of stopping, he splatters up the front of the muffler, then has his "gofer" start grinding it off. He offers to take it home Fri to use his personal welder and have it back to me by lunch on Sat. So, I agree since he's never screwed me over in the past. Well, now nobody has heard from him since Friday. He owns the business, his employees have been there working, but nobody has heard from the owner. Doesn't answer anyone's phone calls either.

Just want to know why people have to flake out on my dime. I'll probably see it again sometime, but in the interim, ordered another muffler on ebay. All the other parts got here today, including new T-handle hex wrenches from Baileys in 4 and 5mm. Wayyyy better than the cheap HF ones I had before. No flex. And my 372 sticker, so my former 365 is now "honest", and a 262 sticker for when the conversion is complete on the 261.

But, flywheel shroud is on, new rim sprocket is on, new piston is in, porting is done, just waiting for the muffler.

Been there done that. I dropped off a some metal at the fab shop to have them make me some dawgs because I don't have a plasma cutter. That was 2 weeks ago. The owner (to whom I dropped the parts off to) hasn't been around and the workers don't know what I'm talking about. So your not the only one. It's frustrating for sure.

Latest posts

Back