Jimmy and his Powertuned 018

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Jimmy was on the landing blocking with his 018, which he calls his turkey carver. Anyway, Jimmy tuned his 018 by prying open the muffler a bit with his bar wrench. He was enthralled with the results and says it is double the power. Whether it is or not doesnt matter, what matters is that he is happy.
John

Hey that looks like what Junkiewoods does! Does Jimmy use a brand new 3/4 ton pickup to haul around 35 dollars worth of cordwood as well?

John, did Jimmy time cuts before and after the scrench job? My
buddy has an 017 that may need the same treatment. Ya know,
if it keeps the blood pumping, it's a good thing no matter what
anyone of us thinks.

Hi Porkuface, I told Woodsjunkie not to use his brandnew truck as a forwarder, but he wouldnt listen, now look at the mess he is in!
John

John,
It's like the old man told me "Son if you never do anything you will never make a mistake.
If that would have been a new 3/4 chevy it would have just humped up and took the abuse !!!!

Hi Scott, maybe I was wrong and Jimmys saw was an 017, not a 018. Anywho, he really grooved on the 2" stuff, he blasted thru a 2" branch in 1.45 before the tuning, then 1.28 after wrenching open the muffler.
John

My Dad just bought a MS170 and loves it. Maybe I should try and open up his muffler to. He says after using his 034 or 031 for an hour or 2 it's like picking up nothing. He'll be 77 years young this year and still cuts firewood with the best of 'em. My Granddad, "Pop":angel:,was still cutting into his mid 80's with an Echo, seems like it was a 310 or 350. Was there a Echo made with that #?
Grateful

Originally posted by ClearH20Scott
John, did Jimmy time cuts before and after the scrench job? My
buddy has an 017 that may need the same treatment. Ya know,
if it keeps the blood pumping, it's a good thing no matter what
anyone of us thinks.

Hmm. I thought the only way to get your blood pumping with an 017 was to hit a major blood vessel. :)

Back