John Deere CS62 IPL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fettlst

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does any one know where i can get an IPL for a John Deere CS62? i have one that i bought used and when i start it up it will make a gringing noise off and on. i took the bar, chain, sprocket, clutch off and started it up. i watched it run for a while and it looks like the crank shaft jumps sometimes. i didnt think that was normal but i dont know much about these Itallian John Deeres. Thanks

I would try the Emak site, the 62cc Efco and Oleo-mac saws are the same saws, except for covers etc.

Last edited:
jd ?

i have the same saw. great power too weight. what all seems too be wrong desription seem vague. picts of area would help. i have a service manual availible.

This is a saw i bought off of Ebay so i could not run it befor i bought it. the day i got it i started it up and it seemed to be ok. then i heard a gurrrrrrrrr noise coming from it. then the noise stoped then started back up. i did notice a hole in the starter cover befor i bought it but the guy said just 2or 3 of the plastic peices were broke on it. i took the cover off and noticed 2 fins on the fly wheel broke. im going to skip a few thing i did to it to save time here. Where im at now is i took the bar, clutch cover, clutch and sprocket off. i started it up and run it. i dont really get the gurrrrrrr noise but i didn notice the crank shaft jump up a few times. i was thinking bearings but im not an expert yet on saws. i decided to bite the bullet and take it all apart so thats where im at now. if its not the bearings could the crank shaft be bent? as i said earlier 2 fins were broke and the starter cover has a hole in it. the cylinder does not look to bad but the piston has some places on the carb side. Thanks

Back