John deere saws (built by echo)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for years for the John deere(Echo built) twin cylinder. Guess I will just have to keep dreaming and put more pennies in the piggy bank.

The military version from the Belgian Army

Bit a heavy saw but it has every feature a saw should have and manual adjusters where you need screwdrivers on other brands.
It has auto and manual oiler, decompression valve, idle adjusting knob, oiler adjuster knob.
Think all manufacturers, including the Echo of today could learn from it.
Why mess around with screwdrivers when an elegant little knob can be made? Nobody would accept a radio that must be turned louder with a screwdriver.....

Greetings from Holland

Jos.

Jos, that is a REALLY nice 750. I assume it is a military version or did you do an outstanding paint job ? I concur with your opinion that the older Echos were loaded with features not found on todays saws by any mfg. Those carbs in that side mounted carb box are a real joy to work on :mad:

It is really military, i also have the wooden case with Nato stocknumber.

Also hoarded six twins. For one of them i am looking for a right crankcase-half.

Five of them.....

But the saw i like most is the CS 4500, light but powerful enough to manage most jobs in the wood making firewood.

Latest posts

Back