John Deere Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jd saws

made by efco in italy. got um loveum. check out my sig line. also do a search lots of posts about them.
:)

From my experience, they're well built saws, but the ones I've used seemed heavy for their size.

Good saws. Same as my Cub. IMHO though, you could save money by finding an EFCO dealer(not always easy, but there is one 20 miles or so from me). I got mine as a closeout, but it seems if they paint it green, the price goes up. Good luck whatever you decide.

The next saw I buy will be a Stihl Ms361 C-Q. (I really want the 460 but can't justify the price difference) I was just curious about these. I think Northern sells Efco's. They look decent enough.

The next saw I buy will be a Stihl Ms361 C-Q.

WHY? They are overpriced. Get a 962 Efco while you still can...also badged as a CS62 John Deere. Incredible saws, great power, narrow profile - they are the MS440 of the 60cc class saws.

WHY? They are overpriced. Get a 962 Efco while you still can...also badged as a CS62 John Deere. Incredible saws, great power, narrow profile - they are the MS440 of the 60cc class saws.

I appreciate the advise and in all honesty I don't need that much saw for the occasional work I do. It boils down to this: I used a stihl pro saw, fell in love and vowed to get my own.

Hey four paws,

I have not seen a 962 for some time, they are now the 165 model. Is the CS62 the same as the old 962??? Thanks Ryan

The CS62 is the same as the 962. There are some dealers out there with 962s still available...I would recommend one highly!

My brother has a cubcadet commercial. (efco rebadged) he is not a big fan of them. Plastic worm gear broke

efcopower.com part of the emak group, based in wooster ohio... you should be able to find something near you

:cheers:

Boy do I feel like a 'tard,a guy from the UK has to tell me there is not only a dealer 7 miles from my house but the mnaufacturer is about an hour and a half drive from here too.:dizzy:

Boy do I feel like a 'tard,a guy from the UK has to tell me there is not only a dealer 7 miles from my house but the mnaufacturer is about an hour and a half drive from here too.:dizzy:

Lucky for you. :clap:

Kevin

Since Deere is dropping this line, ya'll might be able to get a good deal in a few months when you stop by to look at those pruddy tractors.

Latest posts

Back