Johnsrud 2159 turbo, bar oil leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearpaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Disassembled and cleaned everything, pump and two rubber hoses look in good shape. Johnsrud designed a poor seal system for the oil delivery. The pump is sandwiched between two rubber "blocks" with a hole running thru it to route the oil to the bar. The cover plate behind the clutch supplies the tension to hold the two rubber saddles together to seal around the pump. I've had this thing apart 5 times looking for any issues. I even put a thin piece of leather under the cover plate, over the rubber saddle, to increase pressure on it. It didn't seem to help though. I checked the bar oil tank vent, appears to let air into the tank. This saw leaks bad, a good puddle every time I set it down. I haven't bought new lines or pump yet, these all appear to be in good condition. Running the saw without the bar, I get good oil coming thru the bar oiling port. Leaving it set without the bar on it, I still get the puddle forming. It appears that rubber saddle isn't sealing to the pump. Looking for some advice/ideas to try. Thanks

What John said, just make sure everything is squeaky clean and make sure you use the proper sealant. I use Yamabond 4. A new cover plate wouldn't hurt either.

Latest posts

Back