Jons 451E Oiler problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've managed to get the saw tuned on idle and WOT. I've cleaned the carb and the rest of the saw. Now, the oiler won't do his job. The thing is that I don't have not too much knowledge about chainsaws and I can't figured out how this oil pump mecanism is working. I've dissambled pretty much everything except the motor/crank case and couldn't figured it out. I've looked at the collect corner and the only info available about the oiler says that it's automatic. So if someone could explain me the nuts and bolts about the oiler system, that will probably help me out finding the problem.

If you look under the saw, I think there is some screws there.
The one closest to the front has a filter in it, the other sets the flow.

You gonna find the oil pump"under "the muffler in a recessed hole close to the blade.You must remove 2 allen screws that holds a small aluminium plate.Then you screw again one allen screw in the pump body to pull it with vise or else.Clean the hole first before removing the pump.After removing it,clean it by removing the piston inside and checkin o rings condition on the body itself.Check the 2 gears condtion,and clean also the oil screen hidden under the saw behind a plug.The piston is driven by the the gear on the crank to make the pump work.You can check here to get more info.

Latest posts

Back