jons 920 vs. stihl 056

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joed1694

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My local friends tell me to dump my 920's and switch to 056 stihls. I think they are telling me that because there are not very many jons dealers in the area. Is this true?

Either one is getting to be almost a collector's item...how about 7900 Dolmar?

joed1694 said:
My local friends tell me to dump my 920's and switch to 056 stihls. I think they are telling me that because there are not very many jons dealers in the area. Is this true?

Is what true?

Are you having trouble with your 920, or getting parts? If not, there's nothing wrong with keeping what you have. What are you doing with the saws? Milling? Like has been said, the 056 is an old saw. A good saw, but an old saw. If you're gonna make a switch to another saw, you might give the 056 a second thought. There's lighter, faster, bigger saws out there which parts are still readily available for.

Where's Bargersville at? I'm from Indiana and haven't heard of it before. I'm originally from Leavenworth, IN which is a town no one's heard of.

Welcome to AS.

Jeff

joed1694 said:
:confused:
It would make a lot more sence to swich to 066/MS660 if your 920s are tired.

Back