Jonsered 2054 leaking bar oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babalu87

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Oiler works fine and I always have some in the tank when the fuel runs dry but if I leave it on the workbench it leaks onto the bench, floor etc.

Any ideas before I tear into it?
Thanks

:deadhorse:
DAMN, that makes sense, I will try it next time I am cutting "heat"

paw

Check for a crack on the bottom of the oil tank. My 55 had a crack on the bottom side of the oil tank, same tank as the 54. I put J.B. weld on it. Keeping my fingers crossed...

response to leaking jonsered

are you sure that the oil isnt just dripping from the bar and chain. i had that problem with my husky 141 and that was all it was. a more serious case i also have a little homelite that had a major crack in the plastic and i had to use a heavy coat of seal all to fix it. bill howe

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the information, however the crack in the tank was visible. Like I said, I put JB weld on it and so far it is holding. After using the saw I do unscrew the oil tank cap. I use my new 59 or one of my other saws most of the time, but I still like to use the old stock hot rod saw on occasion.

Thanks again,
PAW

Latest posts

Back