Jonsered 2055 troubles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootsie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok, this might be tough considering I have not seen the saw yet but here goes. I just claimed a saw on the local buy and sell. J-red 2055, for cheap. Are the internal parts interchangeable with the Husky 50 series saws? It only cost me 35$. The case it comes with is worth that much. The PO tells me that he has had it in to the shop a few times and they cannot seem to get it to work properly. It runs for a few minutes then dies. It has had a new coil put on it and various other work done to it. He thinks the carb is out of tune. In fact he mentioned that he has played around with the settings blindly. So where should I start with this thing. He said he only uses it every couple of years. I am thinking clean the carb. What are the initial settings for this thing. Thanks for any help guys.

Parts are not the same as the husky series. Try 1 and 1/2 turns out each and fine tune from there. The 2055's that I had run strong but were prone to air leaks.

When I say internals, I mean components such as the P&C. I should have been more specific. Would air leaks cause the saw to run for only a short period?

Are the tank vent and the fuel lines checked?

How is the compression?

Those saws are very good runners, when they work right - 53.2cc closed port hot-rods, not many other saws use the same P&C, maybe the even rarer Partner 5500? :msp_smile:

Last edited:
I will be checking all the simple things first. It seems they are good saws. For 35$ I could not go wrong. The parts are worth twice that easy.

None of the husky saw parts will cross over. And yes air leaks will cause problems with them.

If you can't fix it, advertize it in the classifiedss here, link this thread so you're fully honest. Easily double your money OR MORE.

Latest posts

Back