jonsered 2055 turbo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Jonsered have an equal to the 262XP? Maybe the 630? I know the 266/268 were like the 670's. I never used or even saw a 262XP in my neck of the woods, and 630's were somewhat rare. This was 266/268/670 country.

Nope, they never did - Husky kept their best designs for themself, at that time (254 and 262xp).

The 630 was basically the much older and heavier 162se. The 162 was a pretty good saw in its time (1976), but the later 262xp (1990) was lighter and had more power, and the 625 was basically the 61, a "demoted" 162se.

Last edited:
Nope, they never did - Husky kept their best designs for themself, at that time (254 and 262xp).

The 630 was basically the much older and heavier 162se (a pretty good saw in its time, but the later 262xp was lighter and had more power), and the 625 was basically the 61.

Thanks SawTroll!:clap: I have a 61 and 625 and knew they were close, and never thought my 630 was anything too special. The way people are talking about the 262XP it must have been a pretty good saw. I hope I cross paths with one someday!:)

If you want to know exactly how close the 625, 630, 670, 61 66 and 266 were you should look at the parts lists for these saws. Practically all the part numbers were the same because they used the exact same Electrolux Part numbering system for Partner, Husqvarna and Jonsered.
Husqvarna dealers at the time said inferior materials were used in the Jonsered as a way of justifying the higher sticker price but the parts lists suggested otherwise.
Saw quite a few 61/625/630/266 mutants built up from the cadavers of old saws.

If you want to know exactly how close the 625, 630, 670, 61 66 and 266 were you should look at the parts lists for these saws. Practically all the part numbers were the same because they used the exact same Electrolux Part numbering system for Partner, Husqvarna and Jonsered.
Husqvarna dealers at the time said inferior materials were used in the Jonsered as a way of justifying the higher sticker price but the parts lists suggested otherwise.
Saw quite a few 61/625/630/266 mutants built up from the cadavers of old saws.

Yep, that is true!

Btw, the Jred versions usually were rated a bit higher than the corresponding Huskys for power, and the were differences that could explain it......:givebeer: :popcorn:

Last edited:
I wanted to bump this thread up for some of the newer members. It contains lots of good info about Jred/Husky saws.
Thanks Niko and Bob for the info.

I have learned a bit more after I posted in this thread, not all that info is 100% correct......:biggrinbounce2:

my first saw was a 2054. (that was about 1996,maybe) i loved that little saw.

i'm convinced the "turbo" did keep the air filter cleaner than say,,the other brands that my buddy was using. his saw was quite a bit older though.

Just another name on the "Air Injection" cleaning system! ;)

You are right that it works though. :msp_smile:

I used to think the outboard clutch made chain replacement more difficult. I have learned that if I lay the saw on the starter side, put the chain around the sprocket and splay it out, then lay the bar on and put the chain on the end and work it toward the clutch end, I can install it about as fast as I can with an inboard clutch.

My dad has one, and he likes it well enough. It did have an issue with the choke not closing all the way which made for hard starting. Other than that, it's been trouble free. He keeps saying it doesn't have as much power as his old Homelite 350, but I haven't compared the specs.

I used to think the outboard clutch made chain replacement more difficult. I have learned that if I lay the saw on the starter side, put the chain around the sprocket and splay it out, then lay the bar on and put the chain on the end and work it toward the clutch end, I can install it about as fast as I can with an inboard clutch.

Same here except I tuck the bar under the clutch then slip the chain on, fast and easy. Steve

Exactly what I have done, as far back as I can remember - I have never stated that is an issue!

Last edited:
left a 2055t and a 262xp in the uk when I emigrated, the 2055 is history now which I'm starting to regret... it was a cracking saw and revvvvvved! It leaked oil slow and steady but airfilter never needed cleaning. One day a farmer filled it with heating oil somehow and it still started and hit half revs with smoke pouring out the exhaust, after a flush it ran fine. I hate other people touching my saws!

I agree that the 2051 is the best of the 3. (I've got a 2054 which is the milder of them all).

But how does the 262 fall short of the 254?

For me (and many in my area) the 262 fell short of the 254 in the areas of weight and perceived durability.
When used as a pulp saw the 254 was superior. Wood is smaller here than many areas. Throw a steady diet of firewood in the mix then things swing in the favor of the 262.

As for durability, they got a bad rep here from guys chasing rpm. Word spread among cutters and the 262 dropped from favor.

As previosly stated that series of Jon were good saws in their own right, just behind the 254/262 Huskies.

Art, Old Iron Logging

Latest posts

Back