• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jonsered 2065 ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisturbeD

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am in need a good oem 2065 coil. Anyone have one they're willing to part with? I recently acquired this saw and it looks like the previous owner replaced the coil and it's not the right one.

Jonsereds 2171 Husqvarna 362-365-372 will also work
Also the 2166-2172 365-372xt coils will work some say they make them easier to start
They feel the same to me.

have this one came off a 2171

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
have this one came off a 2171
That's similar to the one that's currently in and and the saw won't run right. The saw will start and idle but the moment you touch the gas it sputter and dies or backfires and dies. I don't think it's a fuel problem. The 1st time I started it timing was my first thought. The flywheel is original and all that I've taken it off to check it.

Attachments

• Resized_20230903_174346.jpeg
    Resized_20230903_174346.jpeg
    581.5 KB · Views: 0
That's similar to the one that's currently in and and the saw won't run right. The saw will start and idle but the moment you touch the gas it sputter and dies or backfires and dies. I don't think it's a fuel problem. The 1st time I started it timing was my first thought. The flywheel is original and all that I've taken it off to check it.
how did your key look in the flywheel? i snapped two keys off back to back before (lesson definitely learned) from not having the nut on the flywheel tight enough which i thought it was. and before they snapped i had similar symptoms. Have you changed the spark plug? maybe check the air tank vent as well. i like to cross the simple things off first. If you come to the conclusion you need a coil i’ll do $45 shipped. i also have used oem husqvarna blue and black 365/371/372 coils

how did your key look in the flywheel? i snapped two keys off back to back before (lesson definitely learned) from not having the nut on the flywheel tight enough which i thought it was. and before they snapped i had similar symptoms. Have you changed the spark plug? maybe check the air tank vent as well. i like to cross the simple things off first. If you come to the conclusion you need a coil i’ll do $45 shipped. i also have used oem husqvarna blue and black 365/371/372 coils
The key for the flywheel looked good. I might have to check it again though I think I tried running it again after putting it back together. I can't remember if I changed the spark plug but I will try that tomorrow. I've just been told not all flywheel and coils combination will work together for these saws. They have had a few different coils and flywheels over the years. I recently acquired a 365 special as well I'll have to look at that coil. I just don't want to buy multiple coils just to find one that works properly.

My two bits, I've built a few 365/371/372's and the only ignition trouble I had was from a dying coil and a broken key. I've used swapped out blue coils with black ones, used a 2145 coil on a 372, etc and never had an issue. I'm 99% sure the flywheels are all the same between the variants of this chassis, and the only variances in coils are the black coils are unlimited while the blue ones are limited.

I a,gree with Woodslasher there are all the same except black and blue.Husqvarna 340,345,346,350,362,365 and 372 all will work.Just make sure if it's blue it's rated for at least 13500 or more.Most of them are marked on the coil.Oh and a bunch of jonsered run the same coil.But the flywheels won't interchange because of the stroke.As long as the flywheel is of 372 family it will work.Good luck.

I a,gree with Woodslasher there are all the same except black and blue.Husqvarna 340,345,346,350,362,365 and 372 all will work.Just make sure if it's blue it's rated for at least 13500 or more.Most of them are marked on the coil.Oh and a bunch of jonsered run the same coil.But the flywheels won't interchange because of the stroke.As long as the flywheel is of 372 family it will work.Good luck.
Well if that's the case I have a parts husky 350 in the shed I'll have to try that coil out tomorrow and see how that goes. I have some jonsered's as well. I know I have a 2050 and 2045 not sure if they are the same at all. Think I have a couple 535's as well. Idk way to many parts saws to remember.

The 535 won't work the others should.The 350 definitely will.I have used several on 365/372.As ErnieG said if your old wire is good just screw it in good coil or buy some new to make it long enough.

The 535 won't work the others should.The 350 definitely will.I have used several on 365/372.As ErnieG said if your old wire is good just screw it in good coil or buy some new to make it long enough.
Thank you much for the assistance. The husky 350 coil worked like a charm. The lead was a fuzz short but not short enough it wouldn't work as is and the saw runs great.

My two bits, I've built a few 365/371/372's and the only ignition trouble I had was from a dying coil and a broken key. I've used swapped out blue coils with black ones, used a 2145 coil on a 372, etc and never had an issue. I'm 99% sure the flywheels are all the same between the variants of this chassis, and the only variances in coils are the black coils are unlimited while the blue ones are limited.
Thank you for the assistance. Between you and everyone else I got the saw fixed.

Thank you everyone that responded to this post. I had a coil here that fixed the issue and the saw runs great again now.

Now I can get it up for sale and move on to 1 of my other 100 project saws. It's definitely nice to have this one sorted out it's such a nice saw for it's age.

Back