Jonsered 2071 finally fixed, Thanks for the help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Bennett

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Weeks ago I recieved alot of suggestons on why my Jenred would not run without the choke, After replacing all the filters, checking for air leaks everywhere and a multiple carb adjustments failed to help I took the Carb apart to find right under the diafram and was another small screen that filtered fuel one more time before it went into the motor, and it had a ton of build up from 13 years of firewood cutting. Well I sprayed it out with with Carb cleaner put it back together fired it up, re tuned it and it is running like champ, all most as good as my 440. Thanks all for the help and hopefully this will help someone in the future.

That usually happens when the fuel line breaks in the tank or the filter falls apart. Otherwise it should stay pretty clean. Most of the time I see a new filter in the tank, but the crud had been sucked in already.

That usually happens when the fuel line breaks in the tank or the filter falls apart. Otherwise it should stay pretty clean. Most of the time I see a new filter in the tank, but the crud had been sucked in already.

Makes sence, The filter was old, but the fuel line was fine, I just replaced the filter without looking at it real close, it may have had a whole that i missed, Now I wish I had looked at it closer before I tossed it, It looked dirty so i pulled it off and threw a new one on.

Latest posts

Back