Jonsered 2077

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Threadbare

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Jonsered 2077 Ignition Problem

I have just bought a used Jonsered 2077 at auction, (as I do the occasional milling when visiting my daughter in France) and cannot get a spark at the plug, I have tried the following
New plug
Re-installed plug HT lead connection
Disconnected kill switch
Checked air gap
Fitted new ignition module
And still no spark, is there something I am missing, as I cannot see any other wiring to check?
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Ok

Start by making a jumper wire that connects the outer metal shell of the plug positively to the cylinder metal electrical clamps work on the plug end and alligator clip works on the cylinder end. leave the kill wire disconnected from the coil terminal and check that the magnets are still strong enough. They should pull a screwdriver tip to them hard from a little less than 12MM away from the magnet and be difficult to pull free.

Remember to test each thing one at a time so you can pinpoint the problem

If you left the small kill wire attached to both the coils that you tried, that would likely be the problem a pinch and short in the wire itself it happens often in saws during re-assembly after recoil repairs and the like.

Jonsered 2077 Ignition Problem

Thanks for that PEST will give that a try.
Re the magnets, I held a large screwdriver and it was snatched from 20mm, so I assume there OK.

Yup

They're fine then I have never seen a saw lose its magnetism but I have had stationary equipment near lightning strikes have their magnets wiped

I'd say it's the kill switch wire then as I explained already

Jonsered 2077 Ignition Problem Sorted

Many thanks, I now have a spark. The problem was, I was turning the engine over too slowly, I removed the cord starter and spun the engine with a battery drill (with the spark plug removed). However thats not the end of my woes, I got the engine fired up at long last and it sounds great, until smoke started to billow out of clutch, (it was red hot), so thats my next problem how to get the clutch off, it looks like a I will have to make a special tool to sort this.
Again many thanks for all the help

You can try a needle grease gun and greasing the hole in the end of the shaft on the ckutch end,........I am pretty sure the 2077 shaft is drilled for greasing the clutch needle bearing. If the saw came from an auction though it may have had the clutch re-installed without all the proper parts or the parts in the wrong order

Latest posts

Back