Jonsered 2149

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deercatcher

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a jonsered 2149 with a damaged top just above the trigger and to the right corner. It still runs, but doesn't open throttle all the way. Would replacing top support the grommet better? Anybody got a used top?

The top cover should not stop the throttle to open fully.Check if your rod is not bent or out of shape.Also the plastic end on the rod could be worn.Check also if the the throttle lever itself is not worn where the rod touch it.

I know its not incredibly close but try Patrick miller Tractor in Many La.
If he does not have an old one as a spare let me know i am in ark. right now and if i come across one i will let you know

Spent the week in ArkanSAW and asked every dealer i came across if he had a spare 2149 case or parts lying around and came home with empty hands. Do you want me to continue looking?

If you think about it. I will probably order the part from Randall in Mena, Ive already asked about it there and will give me an excuse to see my dad in Cove.

Back