Jonsered 630 parts cross up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty1778

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
For any Jonsered experts, I have a later version 630 in the 715XXXX serial range. I'm wondering if the side cover/brake handle cross up to any Husqvarna saws. It looks like this should be third and final design of this part. I also need a crankshaft, believe it is the fine thread version, same question. Changing out a bottom end on one of these probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but this was my dad's saw and I'm determined to hear it run again! Any help is appreciated!

The threaded section in the clutch snapped off. I still remember when it happened over 20 years ago, dad was heartbroken since it was his favourite saw. He gave it to a relative as a parts saw, all he used was the clutch cover/brake handle. I managed to get it back recently and have set my mind to finding the parts since it's the first saw I ever used, it's in great condition otherwise. Really strange failure, he couldn't figure out why it happened.

What is wrong with the crankshaft

The threaded section in the clutch snapped off. I still remember when it happened over 20 years ago, dad was heartbroken since it was his favourite saw. He gave it to a relative as a parts saw, all he used was the clutch cover/brake handle. I managed to get it back recently and have set my mind to finding the parts since it's the first saw I ever used, it's in great condition otherwise. Really strange failure, he couldn't figure out why it happened.
With the recoil removed does the saw have a one or two piece ignition

Not my favorite place to order parts, but a good source for IPLs and parts lists is
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/j...9-chain-saw-parts-c-511202_511205_511896.html
Yes, that link should take you to the 630.

You can select a given part, then search to see if that part is used on other make/model tools.
Thanks for the tip, looks like the crank will also fit a 61 and a 266. The clutch cover is unique on the part number, but I'm wondering if that might be due to it being red, or slightly different design but still compatible since these Husqvarna saws are pretty similar.

Crank and cases were changed. Two piece and single piece sometimes had different cranks. There was one that a casted key in the flywheel and one that took a woodfuff key.

Crank and cases were changed. Two piece and single piece sometimes had different cranks. There was one that a casted key in the flywheel and one that took a woodfuff key.
I've seen them referred to as the 'fine' and 'coarse' thread versions, I believe mine has the later fine thread one.

The clutch cover won't be the same as any husky saws, but a jonsered 625, 630 or 670 all run the same covers. As far as crank shafts go if it's a fine thread it's the same as a 670 jonsered or later 266, 61, 268 or 272
IIRC

The clutch cover won't be the same as any husky saws, but a jonsered 625, 630 or 670 all run the same covers. As far as crank shafts go if it's a fine thread it's the same as a 670 jonsered or later 266, 61, 268 or 272
IIRC
Great info, thank you

I am no expert on these saws but I remember some guys trimming the rear flange extension off the 266 272 Husqvarna clutch covers and they will fit and work on the 630 and 670 Jonsereds saws I will see if I can alert Robin, AKA @Cantdog to take alook at this question, he would know for certain.

I am no expert on these saws but I remember some guys trimming the rear flange extension off the 266 272 Husqvarna clutch covers and they will fit and work on the 630 and 670 Jonsereds saws I will see if I can alert Robin, AKA @Cantdog to take alook at this question, he would know for certain.
Many thanks, from a fellow Nova Scotian!

Latest posts

Back