Jonsered 630 Super 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slemaydel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First post and Hey all! Just bought a used 630 Super II for $225 runs and idles great. Looking for honest opinions of the saw and any info I can get. Background to my story is that I have actually been looking for a used Jonsered for about 5 years. It all started when my wife and I purchased our home property in 2015. We had several large hardwoods down around our 13 acres and commenced cleaning up. I had no saw and no equipment. My wife's grandfather brought down his John Deere 4 series with a grapple and his 2166 and 2071 turbo. I WAS HOOKED. Those things went through wood like they lived in it. I was later given a Stihl Ms170 by my grandparents which has cut above it's weight for me and others time and time again. But the
larger Jonsereds have had my desire since. P.S. we now have a 1 series Deere to help around the property too. Thanks for reading. Any info on the 630 Super 2 will help me.

Thanks, I'd be lying if I told you wasn't immediately excited seeing and starting it when I went to buy it. I hit the chain with my file and yesterday was supposed to be first run in the wood but it poured all day. Im itching to see how it does

Congrats on your new saw. I think you did fine on the price as it looks to be in good shape. Since no one has yet to explain what it means to be a 630 Super II for you I'll attempt to give you a heads up on what you now have. The Super II is the latest and most advanced 630 there is. Firstly it features the one piece ign and that case half case side upgrade which, besides the ign. upgrade, the other improvement is that the crank seal installs directly into the case rather than into a seal carrier that is then o-ringed to the case as with the earlier versions in this family of saws. So what that does is eliminate one more possible place for an air/vac leak. Next is the cyl.....it uses all available 630 pistons, but came with a single 1.5 mm thick ring piston......but the real interesting thing about this cyl is the fact it has a "D" shaped combustion chamber rather than the regular 630 round combustion chamber.......this increases compression and thus power output......I have one here that I ported years ago and it just rips......will not tune below 14,400 rpm......and loses little in the cut...truely an awesome 62 cc saw. I have several 630 saws...a couple late Supers and even a West Cost...all in superior condition but they can't hold a candle that Super II.......I know porting helped but it is also just plain more advanced even in stock form. Damn....mine even came with a Ducati ign......really.....

Congrats on your new saw. I think you did fine on the price as it looks to be in good shape. Since no one has yet to explain what it means to be a 630 Super II for you I'll attempt to give you a heads up on what you now have. The Super II is the latest and most advanced 630 there is. Firstly it features the one piece ign and that case half case side upgrade which, besides the ign. upgrade, the other improvement is that the crank seal installs directly into the case rather than into a seal carrier that is then o-ringed to the case as with the earlier versions in this family of saws. So what that does is eliminate one more possible place for an air/vac leak. Next is the cyl.....it uses all available 630 pistons, but came with a single 1.5 mm thick ring piston......but the real interesting thing about this cyl is the fact it has a "D" shaped combustion chamber rather than the regular 630 round combustion chamber.......this increases compression and thus power output......I have one here that I ported years ago and it just rips......will not tune below 14,400 rpm......and loses little in the cut...truely an awesome 62 cc saw. I have several 630 saws...a couple late Supers and even a West Cost...all in superior condition but they can't hold a candle that Super II.......I know porting helped but it is also just plain more advanced even in stock form. Damn....mine even came with a Ducati ign......really.....
Sweet! Thank you for the knowledge.
I didn't know Ducati did small engine parts. Lol!

I brought it to my wife's grandfather to show him. Cut some 4-6" limb wood and let it idle a bit. Seems the idle starts high then settles in after a couple minutes. Still moves the chain more than I'm used to Wonder if I should tune High adjustment down a tad?

Latest posts

Back