Jonsered 80 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmysisson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, my first post. I have a Jonsered 80 I bought new. (Got it when some bugger stole my 028 Stihl and local dealer couldn't get another.) It's only at the end of its second bar so I don't use it just for personal firewood. It's heavy but I'm used to that, but I wish it cut faster. I searched for other threads about this saw and someone said don't try to hotrod it 'cause it was at the edge of its possibilities when new, and parts are iffy now.
So, does any one think this is worth souping up a little? I don't think it cut much better new than now, and I take good care of it. It's dead reliable. I'll probably get a new saw soon just to save about 5 pounds, but I like this old girl.
Thanks, Jim

Pretty odd story, as the Jonsereds model 80 is a much older model than the 028, but also has much more power if it is in order......:bang:

The Jreds 80 surely needs an 8x3/8" to perform well - even the 621 does. It was standard on those old saws......;)

They have lots of torque on mid-range rpms, but not too much max hp and rpms.

Latest posts

Back