Jonsered 85cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musch

Chainsaw Zombie
Reaction score
Can anyone specifically tell me their experience with the Jonsered 2186?
How is it compared to the Husky 385.
Also, are bars and chains interchangeable?
Thanks

:popcorn:

Last edited:
how many times are you going to change the name of this thread? lol. Three that I've counted...

Anywho, the 2186 is the same saw as the 385. I had one and used 385 parts to fix it up. Good running saw. Lots of power, but feels as heavy as an 066 to me. that is why i sold it. I found that i grabbed the 066 more because they were so close in weight and it had more azz.

But if you never ran the other, the 2186/385 is a great saw. Mine normally had a 24" on it for hardwoods.

The 7900 is a lot lighter and has the same power up to the 24-28" range. After that, I can't tell you as i didn't run longer bars on either of them.

And they both share the same bar mount (oregon D009).

Yeah, I specified it so it wouldn't be another brand vs brand question. Lol
We all know there are too many of those.
Search function wasn't getting me the info I am after though.

I think you answered it, thanks Stang. :cheers:

So there is no difference in running speed/power, or otherwise between the Husky and Jonsered? Literally the same thing?

I guess I still do wonder why they manufacture the same saw in different colors and slap a different sticker on it. Seems like a waste of time, redundant. :monkey:

yup same saw...Mine was a former logger saw that was run lean. The handle bar was bent.

I got a 385 handle bar and put on it (which I liked better than the Jred). Also put a 385 piston in it...

Same part number for the piston, but the Jred part number had dashes where the husky # had spaces or the other way around. lol.

Anytime you want to come back down and run the 385 just give me a call. Its getting broke in now and I have ran the 32 inch bar on it. I liked the balance of the 32. My buddy was very glad you was happy with the 66. His brother passed away from the cancer about 2 months ago.
Thanks again
Bob
(608)482-1003

HEY BOB! I was wondering where ya been!
Sorry to hear about your friend.
Yeah, the 66 is a great saw. I put a 24" bar on it, and have been bucking some real big oak logs (about 32") left out on the property for firewood.
Its scary fast, esp. with that muffler mod cover.

I really probably don't need a 385, but you know how it is, what I want and what I need are not the same thing. :ices_rofl:

I was thinking of using the 66 for milling, 385 for bigger logs, and I have a 20" bar on the 570 for bucking.

The 50cc saws are for firewood and limbing.

That should round out the collection pretty well. :rock:

Back