Jonsered 930 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's their problem :)

Congrats, Brad! My 920 balanced beautifully with the 24in Total Superbar. It was quite nose heavy with the 34in which was also a Total Superbar, but it handled & oiled that long bar with oil & power to spare in 36in White Oak! I never had a 28in, so I don't know how that would have felt. The power head dry wt was 17.5lbs.

My buddy's 920 I rebuilt had a 28" and the parts saw was a 24".. both were pretty good feeling to me, and it had the power to bury it in cottonwood and lean into it with the 24".. aggressive raker setting too.

ModifiedMark, Both saws said "920" on them, one was the super, one was not.. now unless they've been messed with before, I think that was the difference between them. The 920 has the meat available to do the 920 super/930 porting (at least close), it would just be a LOT more grinding.

My 920 says Super as well and it had a jug like the one on the left. Cantdog, would know for sure but I thought thats what was said before.

It'll be either a 24" or 28" Total. Not sure which. It has a 20" Total on it now.

Speaking of bars, that's the only thing I don't care for on these saws is the 10mm bar studs. Its ok I guess if you dedicate one bar to it but its a PITA if you like to switch around with your other saws.

I filed the studs down on my 930 so it can use a regular 9mm bar slot.

Speaking of bars, that's the only thing I don't care for on these saws is the 10mm bar studs. Its ok I guess if you dedicate one bar to it but its a PITA if you like to switch around with your other saws.

I filed the studs down on my 930 so it can use a regular 9mm bar slot.
I didn't realize this wasn't a regular large mount Husky bar. I suppose I could put the bar studs in the lathe and turn them down to 9mm. Are the bars otherwise the same?

Yes the 910/820/920/830/930 were all old Jonsered mount, but a large Husky mount bar will work, provided you either modify/change the bar studs ( there used to be conversion studs available, not sure if they still are, that's a Spike60 question) or mill out the slot in the bar.

Joe

My 920 says Super as well and it had a jug like the one on the left. Cantdog, would know for sure but I thought thats what was said before.
I guess on one of the saws between them all we're comparing to either got bodywork swapped around or P&C... There's no doubt that the jug I called the 'super' give the saw a whole lot more oomph... especially ported of course too

This is one of those saws that I've been watching and waiting for the right deal for a 2-3 years now. I ran CBFarmall's at a GTG a few years ago and was really impressed with it. I got this saw in the mail today and am very pleased with it. The saw is almost minty, except for someone repainting the clutch cover. It's also missing the air filter, cover, and spike. After going through it, it runs great. While apart, I tightened the squish up a little and compression is a very healthy 170 PSI.

If anyone has any leads on a filter, filter cover, or spike, please PM me. Thanks.

3-L.jpg

2-L.jpg

1-L.jpg

I straightened the louvers and painted the muffler.
4-L.jpg

New rubber oil lines.
5-L.jpg

6-L.jpg

9-L.jpg

10-L.jpg

Nice full-circle piston.
11-L.jpg

17-L.jpg

16-L.jpg

14-L.jpg

15-L.jpg

I rounded the sharp edge in the transfer intake duct. The cylinder is otherwise stock.
13-L.jpg

12-L.jpg

The exhaust port was only cleaned up.
8-L.jpg

7-L.jpg

I am new to forum but I believe the old saw that was in my dad's shed was a Jonsonred 930. It's missing some parts but may be nice to have for spares.

Back