Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ernie, I may be wrong but I'm thinking that's a 371k tank. That looks like the vibration dampner for when the cut off saw is sitting on the ground. The thing that throws me for a loop is that you said uve seen them on a 2171. Did jred make a cut off saw too? Check out chainsaw collectors for sale ad recently posted. He has 2 husky tanks for sale. One has that vibration dampner on it and u can see the concrete soup all over it. Hope this helps
Just checked the Fsale thread with that pic is on the other site.

I check the resistance of the primary and secondary windings. Primary were fine, but secondary were open. I did remove the plug wire (unscrews from the coil) and even checking the stud in the bottom of the coil directly it was open.

Mark
I check the resistance of the primary and secondary windings. Primary were fine, but secondary were open. I did remove the plug wire (unscrews from the coil) and even checking the stud in the bottom of the coil directly it was open.

Mark
Bummer. Maybe one will turn up.....good luck!

Kevin

Hey Ernie, I may be wrong but I'm thinking that's a 371k tank. That looks like the vibration dampner for when the cut off saw is sitting on the ground. The thing that throws me for a loop is that you said uve seen them on a 2171. Did jred make a cut off saw too? Check out chainsaw collectors for sale ad recently posted. He has 2 husky tanks for sale. One has that vibration dampner on it and u can see the concrete soup all over it. Hope this helps
I think your rite ....id assume the tanks were swapped or that damper/protector was put on a 2171 that I've seen .
I can't find the one I saw with it rite now but I was thinking it'd be a good idea ...couldn't hurt anyway on a 2171 .
I'm not aware of a 21xx style cut off saw but I know Jonsered made a 70e cut off saw ...kinda rare

Ernie

Eric prolly has the old promo lit for J'red concrete saws. I've seen them in the past. Yeah, I knew a guy who had a 70e concrete saw and converted it to a chainsaw. Not to put down the effort, but I'd have nothing to do with a concrete saw that had been used. If there was anything ever truly 'disposable' or something to rent only, that was it.

Kevin

I think your rite ....id assume the tanks were swapped or that damper/protector was put on a 2171 that I've seen .
I can't find the one I saw with it rite now but I was thinking it'd be a good idea ...couldn't hurt anyway on a 2171 .
I'm not aware of a 21xx style cut off saw but I know Jonsered made a 70e cut off saw ...kinda rare

Ernie
Yes come to think of it now it would help with the infamous "husky roll over". 70e is a bad boy. Used to have one in the line up.
Eric prolly has the old promo lit for J'red concrete saws. I've seen them in the past. Yeah, I knew a guy who had a 70e concrete saw and converted it to a chainsaw. Not to put down the effort, but I'd have nothing to do with a concrete saw that had been used. If there was anything ever truly 'disposable' or something to rent only, that was it.

Kevin
These r some true words. Having used a concrete saw for quite a while in the past, and seeing them used day to day...the only maintenence ever done is adding fuel. They see the absolute worst conditions ever for an engine to live in. If it's given to you, expect a full rebuild. Don't pay for a used one, just buy new🤣

Its a tuning indicator- not unlike the one found on early Stihl 066 Red Light models- kind of an onboard built in tachometer.
I don't have experience with either, though I have heard of it in the stihls. Does it light up on the top of the rpms? Like a rpm limiter? Intriguing to say the least.

I don't have experience with either, though I have heard of it in the stihls. Does it light up on the top of the rpms? Like a rpm limiter? Intriguing to say the least.

Doesnt limit- to the best of my knowledge- just blips at idle, goes away at low to mid revs- lit solid at max revs (something like 14,800 rpm for these wee devils).
Yes, lots of people know about the Stihl Red Light- not many have seen the Jonsered version.

Doesnt limit- to the best of my knowledge- just blips at idle, goes away at low to mid revs- lit solid at max revs (something like 14,800 rpm for these wee devils).
Yes, lots of people know about the Stihl Red Light- not many have seen the Jonsered version.
I have a 2051 and never knew about the light ...learn something new ever day !
I'll have to check mine

Ernie

I have a 2051 and never knew about the light ...learn something new ever day !
I'll have to check mine

Ernie

A bit like the life span of the 066 Stihl- I believe the red light was only on the early model 2051's- not all throughout the production run.

Back