jonsered coil information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Woody

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just got a 2094 cheap and was curious if anyone new what the resistance measurements should be or how to check a coil. It doesn't give any spark holding the plug against the cylinder head. The blue wire connector (which goes to the switch) gives a mild continuity to the red wire out of the coil which connects at the ground screw but the local dealer thought that was maybe correct. This coil has a removable spark plug wire with a pin connector. Looks just like this one on ebay for a jonsered 670.

Any ideas?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jonsered-670-Ch...ryZ20538QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jonsered dont give any measure about resistance or anything about the module.The air gap must be around .012.On this saw ,you have only one module,so disconnecting the switch and pulling the cord should give you sparks.If no sparks,the module has to be the problem.Check also if wires are ok.

Thanks for the info. The dealer said these never go bad and suggested I try again. I did (over and over again) and no spark. As a last resort I finally tried pulling really fast and to my surprise it started sparking. I have never had to pull a saw that fast to see the plug spark. Normal pull - no spark. I guess jonsered coils need a much faster rpm before it starts sparking.

Thanks again.

If you've gotta pull really hard, I dont know for sure, but I'd be suspicious of the coil. both Jreds I have here at the moment, you only have to pull normally to get spark from them.

Latest posts

Back