Jonsered CS 2240 Cylinder Blemish ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300smag

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok folks. I just received a New CS 2240. Looking it over, I decided to pull the Champion plug and screw in a NGK. While the plug was out I flashed my light in the cylinder. To my surprise the exhaust port side of the cylinder looked sanded on as it would look if one were to clean up transfer from a scorned piston. So I checked the piston/ring through the exhaust port and it was new. The saw was brand new , I could not see where it had been worked on. As it goes , the saw is now running great and does not show much blow by at all. Ever see this on a new cylinder anybody ?

I've never seen honing that looked like this. The rest of the cylinder looks like it is supposed to.

Very informal Brad ..... lol. It looks just like I described . As being after the honing process. I can't take a picture of it. It bothered me at first but it's running like it's supposed to. I have never seen that on a new cylinder.

Latest posts

Back