Jonsered CS2141 Leaking Bar Oil Here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJS

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum, although I have prowled around here many times before. Not a pro, just a landowner with lots of trees. But I did work for a company in the Twin Cities many years ago that had a contract for wholesale removal of diseased elms. Very sad. And should tell you how old I am.

I have pretty much always had Jonsereds, although I do have an old Shindaiwa 350 that I actually like. Also a 2065. DSCN2832 (640x480).jpg I got this CS2141 for basically nothing, looking for something between my current saws. Fuel line and carb kit got it running pretty good, although I wish it was a 2150. Noticed lots of bar oil leaking when its sitting and also when its running. I checked the usual places on the bar and pump side, but I am 90% sure it is leaking out of the seam that the screwdriver is pointing to in the picture. It is behind the coil right next to the flywheel. It's the back part of the oil tank just aft of the fill port. It seems to be leaking onto the flywheel itself when I'm running it and then flinging the oil all over the place. Smokes like crazy. Is this something common or am I just way off the mark here?

Most of the work I've done has been on older saws. Think 70's and 80's. I do appreciate the lighter weight of newer saws with all this plastic. Just don't have much experience with them. Any help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back