Jonsered/Husky oiling system fix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofaroo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
A4ADDCA5-05AE-47E0-970A-3541A2A7425E.jpeg A while back Tractor Supply put a store in our town and were selling Jonsered saws. In no time new Jonsereds started showing up in my shop with oiling issues. The system is non adjustable and doesn’t seal properly so it puts very little oil to the bar but they are proficient at leaking oil out of the tank while not in use. My “fix” has been to add a rubber shim behind the rubber block where the oil is delivered to the bar. It has somewhat solved the issue but they still won’t deliver enough oil during use and they still tend to leak oil while not in use.

A few months after they opened, Tractor Supply switched to Husky. Then the new Huskies started coming to my shop with the same problem. I came to find out the Husky owns Jonsered and they use the same oiling system. The Husky 440 X Torq shown above is one example. One of my regular customers brought it in and I can keep it for a while and see if I can figure out a more glamorous fix than my previous attempts.

Before I try to re-engineer this saw does anyone happen to know of a proper fix? Has Husky come up with a solution that might be available as a recall? Any other ideas?

I just got off the phone with Husqvarna and they basically told me they weren’t aware of this issue but that their main facility in North Carolina might know more about it. They did seem to show some interest and said that they were going to have someone at their HQ call me back.

I also asked about their return policy and they said that it would be up to the reseller but it was typically 30 days but could be voided if the saw has been used. lol

I’ll update if I hear back from them but meanwhile I’m all ears if anyone has figured out a fix.

Back