Jonsered saws found in BOX STORES!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lowe's sold them in Erie probably 10 -15 years ago. I wouldn't count on seeing them in a lot of box stores. Jonsered saws are marketed primarily toward the more serious woodcutter and logger.

What kind of box store? There is a big difference between an independently owned and operated store carrying chainsaws (Ace, True Value) vs company owned and operated stores like Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart etc.
Dok

Does Ace or true value take used saws in on trade? Do they have the wild thing right beside the Stihl or husky's they are selling?

My version of a box store, is just that. You buy the saw in a box. They don't take trades and have the poulan wild thing right in between all of them. If it smells like......it probably is

Lowes sold them here. There was another store but I do not remember which. Since they are purchased much cheaper and fairly easily over the Internet I figured that Jonsered had been thrown to the side by E-Lux. I was talking to one dealer around X-mas who had a couple of customers bring in Internet ads and ask him to met the ads price. The on line dealer was selling the saws far below the local dealers cost. He told the customers to get the saws on line. Figures since there is not much profit from the sale he might get to service them.

I have 3 Dolmar dealers in my area and 0 Jonsered dealers, that says a lot to me. Sorry guys but Jonsered has been dead for a long time.

Thats interesting, in this area when I went to my local dealer inquiring about Dolmar he said to me " good luck getting them fixed in this area" .

Funny thing is, I found it hard to believe that as much as everyone speaks about Dolmar on here I came home and searched for dealers in this area, it tells me there are 3. One of them was the guy I talked to at that shop!

He carries Jonsored, and Husqvarna, and according to online, he carries Dolmar! I guess he just doesn't know he is supposed to..heheheheh

Really makes me wonder about Dolmar. :confused:

O.k.

Spike60??????

I know you're still spinning in left had circles about the light-weight autotune, but weigh in on this...

Kidding, but... we value your input...

Last edited:
Thats interesting, in this area when I went to my local dealer inquiring about Dolmar he said to me " good luck getting them fixed in this area" .

Funny thing is, I found it hard to believe that as much as everyone speaks about Dolmar on here I came home and searched for dealers in this area, it tells me there are 3. One of them was the guy I talked to at that shop!

He carries Jonsored, and Husqvarna, and according to online, he carries Dolmar! I guess he just doesn't know he is supposed to..heheheheh

Really makes me wonder about Dolmar. :confused:

was probably a former dealer. Have the same deal back home. they used to sell them.....

Steve,

I am going to venture a wild a'''s guess that the box store was a Fleet and Farm. I am remember correctly the other night you said you were in MN. I know the Fleet and Farm's are up there. In this area they are Farm and Fleet stores. They carried the Jred line for years. About 5 years ago they went to Husky and still carry them. They are a true box store. You pick it up off the shelf and go throught the checkout. They do have a small engine service desk but it is a complete joke.

Bill

Steve,

I am going to venture a wild a'''s guess that the box store was a Fleet and Farm. I am remember correctly the other night you said you were in MN. I know the Fleet and Farm's are up there. In this area they are Farm and Fleet stores. They carried the Jred line for years. About 5 years ago they went to Husky and still carry them. They are a true box store. You pick it up off the shelf and go throught the checkout. They do have a small engine service desk but it is a complete joke.

Bill
I think you mean Fleetfarm, but I don't believe this is the place he is referring to. Fleetfarms are just located in southern, mn, one in fargo, nd, and some in wisconsin. He is up in northern, mn. The one I go to in fargo carries husky like you mention...but doesn't even have a small engine shop.

Last edited:
we used to have farm and fleets back home, but they never sold any cool saws. They have all been shut down to the best of my knowledge.

not that same place, but same kinda deal...., grab the box and go...lol

Last edited:
we used to have farm and fleets back home, but they never sold any cool saws. They have all been shut down to the best of my knowledge.

not that same place, but same kinda deal...., grab the box and go...lol
Thats funny...I've never heard of any farm and fleets in mn...but there is fleetfarms. It sure would confuse the he$$ out of a person if there was one of each in the same town.

Thats funny...I've never heard of any farm and fleets in mn...but there is fleetfarms. It sure would confuse the he$$ out of a person if there was one of each in the same town.

there are in Wisconsin. You can go to a Fleetfarm, and then drive down the road a ways and go to the Farm and Fleet. Completely different outfits. :dizzy:

So Stang, we all want to know!!! What store was this? Just for educational purposes??????:cheers:

Does Ace or true value take used saws in on trade? Do they have the wild thing right beside the Stihl or husky's they are selling?

My version of a box store, is just that. You buy the saw in a box. They don't take trades and have the poulan wild thing right in between all of them. If it smells like......it probably is

Just wondering, because if its an independently owned and operated store then that particular owner can become a dealer like anyone else, subject to the same rules. If its a deal between J-Red and a chain of stores and they don't require on site service, sell the saws in boxes (like Lowes sells Huskys), thats a whole different deal. Personally, I would like to see J-Red do something (anything?) to get their product out there. I like Husky and would probably like J-Red, but Dolmars are much easier to find around here.
Dok

probably L and M fleet supply in detroit lakes or park rapids. that fleet chain has carried jonsered for many years.

Both Jreds and Stihls have been sold in box stores here, but now the Jreds have disappeared......

Only the full service dealer left around here, and he had a 2153 when I stopped by yesterday.

Oh, he still has it - I didn't pick it up....:jawdrop: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Both Jreds and Stihls have been sold in box stores here, but now the Jreds have disappeared......

Only the full service dealer left around here, and he had a 2153 when I stopped by yesterday.

the chainsaw universe is a crazy upsidedown kind of place.

:jawdrop:

over here Stihl is too good for words.

prices? i seen the man was talking about 800 Canadian for a 346xp. seem with the price of this saw on the world market they must be killin' it or selling in the US of a loss.

Freak can you price a new 2153 for me...I almost bought a NE 346 but it had the Cat muffler and the saw was very disappointing in the wood at my dealer...I was not going to pay for a extra muffler to make it run great....Price + tax and than a 32.00 muffler = not a good bang for the buck.

Freak call me with a price........Bet the 5100 is still the best deal .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back