Jonsered what models did they produce in 1994?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This manual represents 1996 - only difference in 1994 I can think of is that there was the 2094 instead of the 2095 (not sure). Maybe the 2051 was still there as well.

The 2036 and 2040 was made by Poulan, and the 670, 630 and 625 by Husqvarna.

Last edited:
There may be some overlap here, due to not knowing the exact year of some model changes. But there were essentially 5 model families in production at that time.

2045/2050

2051/2054/2055

625/630/670

2077/2083

2094/2095

There are also the Poulan derived 2036/2040, if anyone wants to include them. (I don't. ;) )

Not sure if the 2077/2083 was actually made by Jonsered either, may have been Partner......

Edit;
Actually, all models had more or less Partner design in them at that point - except the Poulan and Husky made ones.

Last edited:
You are right concerning the 2077/2083 being Partner designs, as were the 2045/2050.

The 2051/2054/2055 also had the Partner look but there were no direct Partner models that corresponded to them. So, I tend to think of them as actual Jonsereds.

The 2051/2054/2055 also had the Partner look but there were no direct Partner models that corresponded to them. So, I tend to think of them as actual Jonsereds.

I know, the Jred versions of the P500 etc was the older 490/590.

One way to see it is that Jonsered developed the 590 into the 2051......:D

Last edited:
Partner designs for sure, but on which factory were they actually made.......:blob2: :blob2: .

I'm in the dark on that one. Was there an original Partner facility that was still producing units at that time? Or did they just move the tooling into a Husqvarna factory? We're really splitting hairs now, aren't we? :rockn:

Not sure if the 2077/2083 was actually made by Jonsered either, may have been Partner......

Edit;
Actually, all models had more or less Partner design in them at that point - except the Poulan and Husky made ones.

Oh come on Troll. How about the 2055/2054/2051? What were the Partner "influences" on these models. :)

Oh come on Troll. How about the 2055/2054/2051? What were the Partner "influences" on these models. :)

My view on this is that they are Jonsered models, not Partners. For them to be Partners, there would have to be an actual Partner saw that is essentially the same saw except for the color. And, it would have to have preceded the Jonsered saw on the market by at least a year.

This logic holds in the case of the 2077, so it is accurate to say that it is a relabled Partner.

But with the 2051/2054/2055, there were no such direct Partner, or Husky, models from which it was derived, so these saws therefore are Jonsered's in the truest, purest sense.

I await the inevitable disagreement.................;)

My view on this is that they are Jonsered models, not Partners. For them to be Partners, there would have to be an actual Partner saw that is essentially the same saw except for the color. And, it would have to have preceded the Jonsered saw on the market by at least a year.

This logic holds in the case of the 2077, so it is accurate to say that it is a relabled Partner.

But with the 2051/2054/2055, there were no such direct Partner, or Husky, models from which it was derived, so these saws therefore are Jonsered's in the truest, purest sense.

My thoughts exactly. I shall wait as well. :cheers:

It ain't a true Jonsereds unless there is an "S" at the end!!!!!!!!

And even that doesn't guarentee it.................

If purity is determined by pre vs post Elux, then there are no more real Huskys either, and we are all lost in a sea of genetic confusion. (with the Stihl guys laughing at us.)

I say that if a saw, such as the 920 is unique to Jonsered, then it is a real Jonsered, regardless of corporate parentage. (or a Partner inspired handle) This also applies to the 2051/2054/2055.

But accepting that argument means that we also have to accept that the party is over, and has been for a while, because all current and future Jonsereds would have to be defined as relabled Huskys.
:cry:

I'm in the dark on that one. Was there an original Partner facility that was still producing units at that time? Or did they just move the tooling into a Husqvarna factory? We're really splitting hairs now, aren't we? :rockn:

Yup - but I want to know! :biggrinbounce2:

You got it!!

The last true Jonsereds was the 910, 510 and 410 - all introduced in 1979 - every model after that are "E-lux Jonsereds".

..but :yourock:

Last edited:
Back