Jonsered621 suddenly died

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well......there is a lot of broken/worn out parts on that....I wouldn't place a lot of faith in the P&C.....not having the sparkplug in place and a few fins knocked off it. On the other hand the piston may well be usable and there are numerous parts that are still useful. Buying a saw carcass like this is a grab bag.....you just never know what you'll be getting until you have it in hand.
Hi. I got my 95 dollar 621 today. It seems great so far. High compression. Equal or more than the one I just fixed. Can I just put it together and try it? It had a lot of dried oil under the side cover. I have pictures. I cleaned it a little and am putting the blade and chain on. I looked in the tank and saw a filter. The blade and chain are pretty nice. I'm afraid to take the cover off. I'll check back before I start it to see if you write back. Thanks20200608_184249.jpg20200608_190117.jpg20200608_190124.jpg20200608_190214.jpg

Well......there is a lot of broken/worn out parts on that....I wouldn't place a lot of faith in the P&C.....not having the sparkplug in place and a few fins knocked off it. On the other hand the piston may well be usable and there are numerous parts that are still useful. Buying a saw carcass like this is a grab bag.....you just never know what you'll be getting until you have it in hand.
Hi again. WOW. It runs perfect, idles perfect, and cuts like butter. I think I lucked out. The guy said he was selling it as not running and for parts because he didn't know much about chainsaws. I'm flabbergasted. That good gas and oil are a godsend. Thanks. Write if you can.

Hi again. Can you tell me what the pointy metal thing that pokes in the log attached to the saw where the blade comes out is called. I need one for my 621. Allen hex bolts too. Also is it possible to find a plastic blade protector with jonsereds pressed into the plastic for 20 inch bar. Hope you don't mind all my questions.
My cover came today. Totally the wrong one. Your suggestion of what it was for was probably correct. I don't know if I should return it of keep it because they are probably rare.20200608_232937.jpg20200608_233125.jpg

Excellent!! To bad it has that chunk taken out of the case but atleast the front bolt hole for the cover is intact. To bad about the new cover.... it must be for an 80 then.
Do you mean the bucking spikes? Sometimes referred to as “dogs”

And Frank......... you really must stop calling the guide bar a “blade”...... just call it a bar... lol! Calling it a blade really gets the chainsaw geeks worked up on these forums!!

Looks like you’ve been bitten by the CAD bug....(Chainsaw Acquisition Disorder)......!!!

Excellent!! To bad it has that chunk taken out of the case but atleast the front bolt hole for the cover is intact. To bad about the new cover.... it must be for an 80 then.
Do you mean the bucking spikes? Sometimes referred to as “dogs”

And Frank......... you really must stop calling the guide bar a “blade”...... just call it a bar... lol! Calling it a blade really gets the chainsaw geeks worked up on these forums!!

Looks like you’ve been bitten by the CAD bug....(Chainsaw Acquisition Disorder)......!!!
It did cross my mind that I may be developing CAD. I won't tell you how many cats I have.
I don't know where I got blade from. I know darn well it is a bar.
Are dogs standard sizes? I need one for a 621. The one I have has bolts. I just presumed they were hex because most of the other ones on the saw are.
Are bar protectors something to be picky about or should I be happy with a 20 inch red one?
As far as the cover. The guy said I could return it for my 30 bucks but do you know any reason I should keep it? Glad you wrote back. Thanks.

It did cross my mind that I may be developing CAD. I won't tell you how many cats I have.
I don't know where I got blade from. I know darn well it is a bar.
Are dogs standard sizes? I need one for a 621. The one I have has bolts. I just presumed they were hex because most of the other ones on the saw are.
Are bar protectors something to be picky about or should I be happy with a 20 inch red one?
As far as the cover. The guy said I could return it for my 30 bucks but do you know any reason I should keep it? Glad you wrote back. Thanks.
The stock dogs fit all Jonsereds from the the 49sp right up through the 90. The bolts that attach them are not Allen head like just about every other bolt on the saw but regular hex head in a wrench size of 8mm I think

Latest posts

Back