Jonsereds 49-SP chainsaw fuel mixture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjavit

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know the correct fuel / oil mixture for a Jonsereds 49-SP chainsaw. I have been told and have read between 26:1 and 50:1.

Thanks in advance

Mark

"Two-cycle chain saw mix oil"

I would venture to say that it would operate safely and very well using a 32:1 ratio with Mobil 1 Racing 2T. Adjust the carburetor appropriately.

Get it while you can as they recently decided to end production/sales of Mobil 1 Racing 2T.

Run mine at 40:1 as well, and always have since it was new (Well my dad did, I wasn't even thought about when it was new). Still runs great.

I believe 50:1 is perfectly OK, with premium oil and gas - my older 621 (that "calls for" 25:1) has been run on 50:1 Aspen pre-mix for as long as I remember, and more, and it is doing just fine. ;)

Oils have got much better than they once were, but avoid cheap oil.

Last edited:
I normally run my dad's 49SP on 25:1. I tried running on 50:1 and it didn't like it.
Next time I use the saw I might try a 32:1 or 40:1. I run the Stihl half synthetic (black bottle) mix.

I normally run my dad's 49SP on 25:1. I tried running on 50:1 and it didn't like it.
Next time I use the saw I might try a 32:1 or 40:1. I run the Stihl half synthetic (black bottle) mix.

Well, my 621 surely didn't like 25:1, the one time I tried it - I guess it depends on the carb adjustments.....

Latest posts

Back