Jonsereds 52e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked it up for $10. Once I cleaned it up it looks pretty good. Some worn paint but most of it looks good. I can get it to start with a little fuel in with the spark plug or directly through the carb but it won't stay running yet. Just trying to figure out how much work it's worth putting into.

Welcome to the site!!
The 52/52E saws were a 49cc build in the same quality as the legendary 621. The 52 was the points ign. saw while the 52E was the electronic ign version. These were very well designed and built. The points version would be considered the better of the two to own/use at this stage as the "E" modules do fail and are extremely had to locate these days, even used. Where as points can be brought back numerous times before they are worn out. The 52E was the more desirable and cost more when new back in the day but these saws are nearly 40 out of production.

$10 bux is a bargain especially if it has spark......probably a carb kit, fuel line and perhaps a fuel filter is likely all you'll need to get it running properly.

Worth???? Hard to say depending on where you sell it.....ebay probably $100-$150.....local sale.....$50-$100 perhaps. There are quite a few out there so the price could and would vary a lot depending on the looks of the saw as it would be considered more of a collectable rather than a saw to seriously use, though it was certainly designed and built for a lot of use.......replacing spare parts would be the problem rather than the saw not performing properly!!

Latest posts

Back