Jonsereds 621, what's it worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2strokejunkie

2strokejunkie

ArboristSite Lurker
I've been the owner of a Jonsereds 621 for the past couple decades and it's time now to move it along. It's pretty cherry, I only cut my firewood (3-4 cord per year), NEVER loaned it out, and it's been lovingly maintained by a motorhead. Still has the original spark plug, starts second pull cold, first warm. Cuts really well. Any suggestions what is a fair asking price? TIA, 2SJ

Stumper

Stumper

One Man Band
Unless you have to sell/are no longer going to cut any. I don't think you can get what it is worth(Meaning, it would be worth more to me to have a saw that hd served me well for decades than the few dollars that it would bring). Keep it for a spare and buy the new saw that tickles your fancy.

Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Welcome to AS, 2sj.

The fellows here can probably give you an idea of what a knowledgeable user would be willing to pay. You can search eBayware using ended auctions to see what prices they've brought. I gotta agree with Justin. If you don't need the money, & storage isn't a problem, hang on to it, & use it every so often. Of course if you're looking to trade it in it helps to have some idea of it's value.

Or send it to me, & I'll slip it in with my other red & black saws (why aren't the smilies working?).

Last edited:

fwf

ArboristSite Operative
Stumper said:
Unless you have to sell/are no longer going to cut any. I don't think you can get what it is worth(Meaning, it would be worth more to me to have a saw that hd served me well for decades than the few dollars that it would bring). Keep it for a spare and buy the new saw that tickles your fancy.

Best advice I have seen in a "what's it worth" thread!

2strokejunkie

2strokejunkie

ArboristSite Lurker
I'm with ya guys... it IS a sweetie and don't really want to see it go. I was just wanting to get into the chain brake era. I've got a 372XP coming. As for storage, well that's the thing... my cylinder index is up around 90-100. I finally got the nerve to Ebay dispose of my old "not very cherry" McCulloch Super 6-10 a year ago. I paid $25 for it back in '77 and it had rolled around in the back of a truck for years. Heck when I got the Jonsereds I thought I was in heaven with the A/V mounts and all, lol.

Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey, if my Jreds & Stihls procreate ;) , will they produce some solid orange saws :dizzy: ? My Husky 51 has been feeling lonely & depressed recently, while the Craftsman 4.5 is getting on well with the Jreds.

Congrats on the 372xp! I've heard nothing but good things about it. Now I just need to find :Eye: my sleeper 2171.