Jred 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya thats a great saw. Once you open the muffler a litte bit she'll scream. But ya same as a husky but cheaper.

I`ve got a 2159 with heated handles and carb, cuts very well and as HiOctane pointed out, they are fairly priced for their displacement and performance. As pretty as the 2159 is compared to my 359 and 357xp, that darned straight across handlebar leaves alot to be desired. It feels totally awkward after running a Husky. It`s a shame that Jonsered would stick with this in lieu of ergonomics on an otherwise fine saw.

Russ

I`d like a 2156 because I don`t know anyone else who has one. Some miniscule element of coolness to that.

The Jonsered "Bag it and Drag it" promo should be running, might have to look into getting one.

Russ

Tomorrow being Sunday dont know if the jred dealer will be open but if he is Ill get some Canadian saw prices.That 2159 jred saw sure looked mean.Looked like it was doing 100 miles an hour when it was sittin still.Cool lookin,and cut like crazy.Later .DON.

donny,things are great in k town,nice and cool,geese and ducks are flying into the grain fields, a few deer are showing themselves and the firewood sales are brisk.(my wifes christmas money you know) hey she makes more money tham me. other than working 12hr night shifts and canada post returning my saw to ed my life couldnt be better.oh yeah the bass are still biting. my wife lived 4 years between bobcageon and fenlon falls ,some lake??? was there 3x .big red tomatoe and legion,begly shoes,beautiful area.i was just informed she lived on sturgeon lake and you went to skinmount to the movie theater.ps i love my wife because she is always right

Last edited:
russ, met a gentleman at blues festival in kingston aug 26 from oswego area and works at nuke plant.65ft cruiser and his name was russ.at the same time looking for a silvey(still am) so in my typical timid manner had to ask him if that was you.He had no idea what i was talking about but it didnt matter he bought me a beer.i had to check you know. he thought your last name might be christianson.cheers jeff. my buddy has a 371 ,although not have used it extensively i felt not having the straighter handle quite awkward

Last edited:
Hi Jeff.Big tomato by the bridge.Thats 1/2 block south of my dads shop.hes on same side of the street.His names Bill.He 85 and still playing with things.Hes been play since the late 40s early 50s.And he still is sharp as a tack.Not much beats him.That lake between caygeon and fenlon is named sturgin lake.Good fishing at second bridge south of the tomatoe.The big tomato use to be called the locust lodge resort way back when I was ayoung kid.The town sure has change in the last 10 years .Alot of toronto is buying and moveing in..Same with kingston I bet.Don.

don,as a kid on the farm, i used fathers p41? and homey xl ?blue, those were the days of 3 to 5 ft rock elm dead all over the countryside loved it.Quit helping out during college days and he quit burning in my 20's. at 28 i built a house on the back of the farm installed wood furnace add on and took " control" of the fencelines and 15acre maple bush. started selling xtra wood.bought o38 magnum. ran that a few years,buddy bought a 371,i ran it, immediatley traded o38 in on johnny red 2071., i just sent it to ed heard to be ehp'd be back in a couple days. i also have a o26, why? i dont know.sorry about the verbal diatribe but i had to think about chronological order. as for real estate what isnt torontonian is american but i made 100,ooo on my house in the last 2 years

Last edited:
Play with wood.Were about,or how far out on county road #8 did your wife live.Can you tell me what her last name was before she married.Maybe I kmow her parents.If not it ok.I know a lot of people out that way.Don.

donnyman,i think i will pm you anymore personal info.www can be pretty crazy u know?maybe some one will start sending me ????o or a cheap chainsaw or silvey grinder or maybe someone like GYPO FLOGGER will tell me who is paying him the huge money for his logs and how i can get hold of him. jeff

guys,just got off the phone with husky dealer 359=699$,357=749$ called my ever faithful jonny red dealer about 2156 ,would not give me a price but said it definitley be a better deal if i was serious.He said he wont let me drive any saw with orange on it.i love him.jeff

Playinwood.What the going rate for a load of hard maple log .Just a single load ,no pup trailer load.My load last year gave me about 8 bush cord.600.00 plus 50.00 for taxes.This year same load was 700.00 plus taxes.Pms are fine yes I under stand I am also carefull.Don.

You can get them cheaper than that , Gibb is cheaper forsure and I am sure there are others

Latest posts

Back