Jugheads totally Anal and pre-apocalyptic chain and file storage thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back Stihl used to package the chains in plastic packages likes this. I came across a dealer that still have the clear plastic boxes and got a few dozen for myself. I also keep several spare chains in separate ziplock type bags that are much thicker. You know the ones that some nuts come in or even cookies.

51kg5bcNyvL.jpg

If you are willing to buy zip-lock bags, they are available in heavier thicknesses. I just picked up an order from Fastenal that was picked and packed in very heavy zip lock bags, and picked a few extra out of their waste can at the counter - guy thought I was nuts! Uline sells zip lock up to 8 mil, and they are only 10 to 20 cents apiece, but you have to buy 1,000! I am sure if you root around the Internet you can find other options that are a bit more affordable. Or maybe buy 1,000 and give them out to your A.S. friends in batches of 20 or so!

Philbert

"2 Mil. is the standard industry thickness. = 50.8 Microns = .0508 Millimeters = 2/1000 inch. The standard household Ziploc® Brand sandwich bag is 1.5 Mil. The heavier freezer bags sold in stores are about 3 Mil."

EDIT: Fastenal sells 4 mil zip lock bags pretty reasonably in quantities of 100. Search for "4 mil Clear LDPE Reclosable Bags". More on Amazon and eBay.

There is really no shortage in ziplock type bags one could use. I went in the kitchen and found no less than 10 products in resealable bags. I have a friend that has a large dog so he get the 25kg bags . Once empty those are perfect for putting a saw body into. Keeps the car nice and clean

i hang my spare chains on the gun rack inside the truck and my files are inside a old welding rod container.

I miss having a gun rack in my truck . They are perfect to hang you chains and hardhat on . I can't say I would be upset if my non sliding rear window got smashed and a sliding window that holds my gun racks got installed in its place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess that answers this

if i could find one of knobbys rejets to buy me a home gun rack i would die a happy man.:laugh: All my ol' lady wants to do is ignore me.:( but gives me time to build chain and file storage when i don't have time to work on my awesome saws.:clap::rock2:

Actually I need to Work on a Mother Hunchin'Truck and forget the saws.07 f150 with 140,00+ miles with no reverse,leak back window and Leaky intake.Bought a used tranny back after christmas and a New plastic intake to bust open within 50,000 miles.I absolutely hate fords these days.

Haha I had a old f150 the windshield leaked like a pig . Shorted out the f.....in radio [emoji37]dodges arnt so bad if you get a diesel with a handshaker trans
e95c8993697bc0ad7ae227bc6f5c576c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeap grew up in a 1st gen cummins.it looks like hell these days but still goes.motor is in its second body.didnt really need a second body until my cousin flipped it into a light pole.doesnt have brakes or power steering but it goes.:laugh:

Yeap grew up in a 1st gen cummins.it looks like hell these days but still goes.motor is in its second body.didnt really need a second body until my cousin flipped it into a light pole.doesnt have brakes or power steering but it goes.:laugh:

Brakes are overrated

Back