Jugheads totally Anal and pre-apocalyptic chain and file storage thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No joking about that square or rectangular plastic pipe and a cap to match. To my knowledge there is nothing out there except round. Round might work for bars also. I have often threatened to build in my shop a long hardwood box for bars. I carry five bars loose in my truck. I attach the bars and chains to the saw after I reach the work site and size up the cutting situation.

something like this?

4d479bfc-618b-4fc3-8f71-1e13729e97ff_400.jpg d3af8ed6-3f93-45ad-b6fa-2e081cc2a95a_400.jpg

These were some rectangular, telescoping, plastic containers that I picked up at a surplus store many years ago (no, they do not still have them). Appeared to have been used to store some laboratory samples (?). Anyway, you might find other types of containers that are suitable for files, etc. - I always keep an eye out for them. Sometimes welding electrodes, or large, industrial bits come in reusable containers that companies throw out.

Philbert

image.jpg

image.jpg

Where on earth did you find that? Seems perfect for storing bars or chains provided the cap doesn't keep popping off all the time as you carry it around. As I said earlier, just make three sizes for short, medium, and long bars.

Home Depot. I have a few of the 5"x5" ones, they also sell 4"x4", they come in 6', 8', and 9' sections i think? The cap would need to be modified to make it a snug enough fit to stay on there, but I am sure some kind of modification could be easily fabricated to make it do what you want...

just do a google search for home depot vinyl fence post and you will find everything they have. They have different caps that may fix more snugly than the ones I got.

You could probably make some kind of spring loaded latching flippy cap pretty darn easily with a little tinkering.

Vinyl trim pieces to cover 4x4 deck posts?

Bingo.

I picked this up for $1.95 from a site sponsor when I was making an order from them.
1463.jpg

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=229&item=1463

These were some rectangular, telescoping, plastic containers that I picked up at a surplus store many years ago (no, they do not still have them). Appeared to have been used to store some laboratory samples (?). Anyway, you might find other types of containers that are suitable for files, etc. - I always keep an eye out for them. Sometimes welding electrodes, or large, industrial bits come in reusable containers that companies throw out.

Philbert

View attachment 403148

View attachment 403149

Back